This position should be filled as soon as possible with a limited contract of 3 years. The salary is in accordance with the German public service salary scale (Entgeltgruppe 13 TV-L) with 50% of the regular working hours (19.90 h per week).
Within the framework of the multidisciplinary project ‘Sustainable intensification of agriculture through agroforestry (BonaRes–SIGNAL)’ the working group TP 4.1 will investigate aspects of grassland management in agroforestry systems. Knowledge on herbage growth and yield development and on the processes by which it is governed is inevitable for the long-term management and control of these systems. Of particular interest are the environmental effects on the development of the single plant and on the species and functional composition of the sward. Leaf appearance rates and senescence are directly linked to N and C cycling in the plant-soil interface. Investigations will take place in several interdisciplinary managed field experiments and require knowledge and skills that range from crop husbandry, plant physiology, soil science to statistics and modelling.
- setting up and day to day running of field research: productivity, leaf appearance rates, senescence, morphology etc.
- analysis of samples, monitoring
- contribution to the overall project work, collaboration with other work packages
- data analysis, modelling, preparation of scientific publications and project reports
- master or diploma in agriculture, biology, geoecology, environmental sciences or a related discipline
- experience in field research in agricultural or ecological sciences
- good knowledge of statistical analysis methods and modelling
- ability to both work self-reliantly and as part of a team, good organization and communication skills, high analytical and conceptual capabilities
- temporal flexibility regarding practical work at the experimental site (Göttingen)
- advanced command of English and German
This post is designed to foster researchers and scientists and give the successful applicant the opportunity to pursue a PhD degree.
The University strives to increase the proportion of women in areas where women are underrepresented and explicitly encourages qualified female candidates to apply. Handicapped persons with appropriate qualifications will be given preference.
Please apply by 5-08.2015, using our online application Portal to https://lotus2.gwdg.de/uni/uzdv/perso/knr_100051.nsf/bewerbung upload your application documents, including curriculum vitae and relevant certificates and transcripts.
If you have any questions, please contact Prof. Dr. Johannes Isselstein (email@example.com) or Dr. Manfred Kayser (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector
for further questions:
Prof. Dr. Johannes Isselstein (email@example.com) or Dr. Manfred Kayser (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über Georg-August-Universität Göttingen
Die Forschungsschwerpunkte unserer Gruppe richten sich auf die Analyse und Entwicklung effizienter Grünlandsysteme. Wir arbeiten im Department für Nutzpflanzenwissenschaften, im Zentrum für Biodiversität und Nachhaltige Landnutzung sowie in der Außenstelle Vechta der Fakultät für Agrarwissenschaften. Schlüsselkompetenzen liegen im Bereich von ...Mehr über die Georg-August-Universität Göttingen