Scientific worker for Process Analytical Applications (f/m)
on a permanent and full time basis. The position is in the chemistry team, which is located in Research and Development Department of KWS in Einbeck, Lower Saxony, Germany.
- Chemometric data analysis and calibration of Near Infrared Spectroscopic (NIRS) applications on harvesters in the field and on stationary devices in the lab; including further development of our chemometric analysis portfolio
- Provide end-user support and troubleshooting via phone, email, web and in-person for the analytical equipment including calibration, validation, database management and standard operating procedures
- Development, implementation, validation and improvement of optical and spectral measurement applications for internal projects in breeding, production and sales.
- The position will be responsible for the further development and maintenance of the data management systems for our NIRS applications
- University degree in Biology, Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biology, Chemical Engineering, Plant Agronomy or comparable degree in natural science
- Demonstrated experience in optical spectroscopy with an emphasis in NIR
- At least 2 years’ experience in optical measurement systems and their application in process analysis
- Preferred candidates have experience in spectral data analysis and multivariate classification and regression methods. Significant hands-on experience in statistical analysis of spectral data such as e.g. PCA and PLS, is highly desired. Unscrambler or MATLAB processing experiences are a strong plus
- Experience in agronomy or plant breeding is of an advantage
- Basic knowledge in data base management is preferable
- Must be able to work in a high performing team including multiple disciplines
- Goal oriented self-starter with good organization, business / technical writing and time management skills
- High degree of cooperation skills and excellent team working capability
- Professional written and spoken German and English is mandatory, language skills in French are of an advantage