Field Service Engineer (100%, w/m)
Advanced Analytical Technologies (AATI) - a manufacturer of innovative scientific instrumentation for the biotechnology and pharmaceutical markets with the European headquarter in Heidelberg, Germany - is currently seeking a young Field Service Engineer to join our team.
The position requires the exercising of judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action. High motivation, spirit of initiative and strong sense of responsibility are expected. Compliance of field service technical standards is required. Monitoring of field service policies, procedures, standards, company policies and procedures is mandatory. The position requires travel on short notice, depending on service region - mainly DE/AU/Benelux countries - overnight stay could be necessary. Service is provided Monday through Friday, typically between the hours of 8 a.m. and 6 p.m., occasionally requiring extended work hours or days. Unless located close to Heidelberg, the candidate should consider the possibility to work home office.
Key Responsibilities of the Job:
- Duties and responsibilities include installation, repair and eventually demonstration of scientific instrumentation manufactured by Advanced Analytical Technologies GmbH at customer locations within a specific geographic region (mainly North Germany and Benelux) but not limited to the European Union.
- This position also requires managing of service tools and spare parts inventories.
- Daily interface with internal and external customers is a requirement.
- Full documentation of all cases and entering appropriate codes to ensure accurate history of reporting trends and corrective actions.
- Tight cooperation with field sales representatives.
- Occasional trip to AATI headquarter in Heidelberg for internal/customers meeting.
- Annual trip to US headquarter for technical training.
- Technical education in chemistry / biology / electronics / mechanics.
- B.Sc. in Biology is desirable preferred. Good knowledge of Molecular Biology definitely a plus.
- Business Acumen—knowledgeable about current and future issues that could affect the business and organization.
- Learning on the Fly—learns quickly/open to change.
- Organizational Agility—knows how to go through the proper channels to get things done.
- Peer Relationship—cooperative, team player, trusted and supported by peers.
- Planning—sets specific goals and objectives, ability to plan for the length and difficulty of assignments, ability to break down projects into specific tasks/steps.
- Priority Setting—focuses on what is most important.
- Communications—effectively communicates both verbal and in writing in German and English. Additional languages (Dutch and/or French) are a plus.
Required Certifications/License/Special Skills:
- Knowledge of electronic equipment and biological aspects
- Valid Passport and driver license or eligibility required (Class B in Germany)
- Lifting/Use of Strength is Heavy (up 40 kg)
- Extensive travel is required (80% of the time)
Candidates should send via email the following documents/information:
- Cover letter
- Written reference letters
- Preferred starting date
- Gross Annual Salary expectation
to email@example.com (Dr. Danilo Tait)