Bayer is a global enterprise with core competencies in the Life Science fields of health care and agriculture. Its products and services are designed to benefit people and improve their quality of life. At Bayer you have the opportunity to be part of a culture where we value the passion of our employees to innovate and give them the power to change.
Lab Head Ophthalmology (m/f)
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Guide a team of life science technicians to evaluate and develop pharmaceutical compounds in ophthalmology indications
- Responsibility for the identification of novel opportunities in drug discovery
- Lead interdisciplinary project teams of colleagues from Pharmacology, Medicinal Chemistry, Drug Metabolism and Pharmacokinetics (DMPK), Drug Safety, Clinical Pharmacology and Development
- Take initiative to assist marketing in assessing licensing opportunities
- Support and collaborate with other R&D functions including Formulation, Production and Regulatory Affairs
- Maintain and extend an international network with outside research and medical experts
- Responsibility for compliance with legal requirements of experimental life science research
Who you are
- PhD, MD, DVM or equivalent degree
- Several years of successful experience in experimental biomedical research in the field of ophthalmology
- Experience with in vivo models, including invasive and surgical procedures
- Clinical experience in the area of ophthalmology would be beneficial
- Excellent leadership skills and the ability to guide and motivate others
- Ability to interact with internal and external partners in a goal-orientated manner is required
- Excellent presentation skills
- Profound knowledge of the German and English language, both written and spoken
We offer a competitive salary in an international environment as well as excellent opportunities for professional and personal development. If your background and personal experience fit this profile, please send us your complete application at www.career.bayer.de, submitting a cover letter, your CV and references as well as your salary expectation.
+49 214 30 99779
+49 214 30 99779
Bayer welcomes applications from all individuals, regardless of racial or ethnic origin, skin color, nationality, religion, philosophy, gender, age, disability, appearance or sexual identity. We are committed to treating all applicants fairly and avoiding discrimination.