Early stage researcher position in Plant Systems Biology – doctoral research option
Profile: The CropStrengthen European Industrial Doctorate (EID) project within the Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions enables research activities between the University of Potsdam, Germany and the two companies Enza Zaden R&D B.V., The Netherlands and BioAtlantis Ltd., Ireland in which five young researchers perform individual PhD projects (more information at http://www.uni-potsdam.de/cropstrengthen/). Four of the projects have already been started and we have one more position to be filled.
- Research project focuses on the genetic and molecular mechanisms of molecular priming using naturally driven substances to enhance the tolerance of Arabidopsis to oxidative stress. In particular, BioAtlantis Ltd. produces the plant biostimulant SuperFifty, which was recently found by consortium members to protect Arabidopsis and tomato from oxidative stress and drought.
- Training in genetics, genomics, computational and molecular biology and additional professional skills like project management, entrepreneurship, oral and written communication skills and intellectual property protection.
- Spending part of the working time in the project (50%) at BioAtlantis Ltd., which will be realised by appointment at the two hosting groups or secondment.
- Enrolment as PhD student at the University of Potsdam.
- Appointment (employment contract): The salary as standard Marie Skłodowska-Curie fellowship for Early Stage Researchers will be paid to the researcher in monthly instalments. Local tax and social security regulations will apply.
The applicants should have MSc or equal degree e.g. in plant biology, biochemistry, molecular biology, genetics, bioinformatics, computational biology. We are seeking for a candidate with knowledge and experience in molecular biology to perform wet-lab experimental components and basic data analysis of the project.
Alternatively, the project allows a larger portion of computational work. Therefore a candidate with knowledge and experience for computational analysis of generated data, a strong background in NGS data analysis, network analysis and modelling is welcome for best fit to ongoing research.
The applicants must not have a PhD degree and their research experience should be less than 4 years by the time of their recruitment. The candidates can be of any nationality (European or non-European), and should obey the Marie Skłodowska-Curie mobility rules.
How to apply
Applications including a curriculum vitae, a motivation letter, and the names and addresses of at least two referees should be sent as a single pdf to firstname.lastname@example.org. The position is available immediately and application time is open until filled. Gender equality will be promoted in the recruitment.
For more information, please do not hesitate to contact us or check CropStrengthen’s website:
and the website of the department of Prof. Mueller-Rober: http://www.uni-potsdam.de/index.php?id=12402
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: EID2016-4
Tel: +49331 977 2807
Institut für Biochemie und Biologie
Karl-Liebknecht-Str. 24/25, Haus 20
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über Universität Potsdam
The Department of Molecular Biology is part of the multidisciplinary Institute of Biochemistry and Biology and is located at the Science Center Golm. The department has a satellite group at the nearby Max-Planck Institute of Molecular Plant Physiology. The Department provides facilities for molecular, physiological, biochemical and biophysical plant research and high quality teaching and...Mehr über die Universität Potsdam