Genomics (NGS lab) Scientist
Job vacancy for a genomics (NGS lab) scientist
TRON (http://www.tron-mainz.de) is a growing biopharmaceutical organization seeking to diagnose and treat unmet medical needs through novel biomarkers and therapeutics. TRON is located in Mainz, Germany has strong connections to the University of Mainz and local start-up companies, and is developing novel platforms for therapies and biomarkers. As part of our team, you will have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues, develop and expand your career, be on the cutting-edge of science, and help treat disease.
TRON is expanding its multidisciplinary Next Generation Sequencing/Genomics unit with experience in molecular biology, lab automation, next-generation sequencing (NGS) and immunology. We are searching for a genomics (NGS lab) scientist for the 6-people NGS development team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Test and evaluate new technologies/platforms/methods/protocols for NGS sample processing (nucleic acid extraction, library prep and sequencing) for faster, cost effective and more scalable processes, including high throughput lab automation and taking GCP-conform implementation into account.
- Supporting the local development team with regard to the set-up of the actual core facility and the future scale up of the processes, including equipment qualification and method validation under GCP regulations
- Hands-on processing of samples in the lab (from sample in to sequence reads out)
- Reporting and documentation of all duties
EXPERIENCE & QUALITIFCATIONS
- Demonstrated proficiency with Next Generation Sequencing technologies in general and especially with Illumina as well as highly skilled in high throughput lab automation
- Deep understanding of NGS processes, from “sample in” to “reads out”
- Experience in both research and SOP-regulated environments
- Strong visual, verbal, and written communication skills
- Self-starter who works effectively in an agile start-up environment
- Enthusiastic team player excited to implement personalized medicine
- Experience working in or leading a diagnostic laboratory, such as a CLIA or ISO certified lab
- Experience drafting SOPs and Assay Development Reports
- Experience working with internal and external collaborators
- PhD or M.Sc. in molecular biology, genomics, biotechnology or related field
We look forward to your application.
Please send your application to Kerstin Lehrbach (firstname.lastname@example.org) and write ‘IVAC Development NGS’ in the email ‘Subject’ line.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: IVAC Development NGS
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über TRON -Translationale Onkologie an der Universitätsmedizin der JGU Mainz gemeinnützige GmbH
TRON gGmbH – Translational Oncology at the Medical Center of the University Mainz – is a growing biopharmaceutical non-profit organization developing highly innovative technologies to address unmet medical needs in the field of cancer diagnostics and therapeutics. TRON is located in Mainz, Germany and is strongly connected to national and international collaborators from both academia and...Mehr über die TRON -Translationale Onkologie an der Universitätsmedizin der JGU Mainz gemeinnützige GmbH