2 PhD Students (m/f) (starting June 1st or later)
- Assess early environmental influences on the lung microbiome in the development from fetus to adult mouse.
- The influence of cigarette smoking on the lung microbiome and the development of chronic lung diseases in a mouse model and a human cohort.
- The dynamics and reversibility of smoke-induced changes to the airway microbiota.
- Candidates should hold a master's degree (or equivalent) in Natural or Life Sciences.
- Excellent English skills (written and communication).
- Knowledge of basic molecular biology techniques (qRT-PCR, Western Blot etc) and basic immunological knowledge.
- Experience in working with animals is appreciated but not a prerequisite.
- You will work in a motivated interdisciplinary team
- Doctoral candidates benefit from the Borstel Biomedical Research School (BBRS) program
- Payment according to TVöD (VKA) of the German civil servant pay scale for three years. The salary follows the agreement for doctoral students of the institute (65% TVöD 13).
For any questions please contact Prof. Dr. Susanne Krauss-Etschmann email@example.com.