PhD, MD as Research Scientist in the region of Preclinical Development (f/m)
Research Scientist Preclinical Development (f/m)
Your various tasks will include:
- Preclinical development of an oncolytic virotherapy, design, perform and supervise experiments, including animal experimentation, various cell culture and molecular biology methods, assay development and validation; data analysis, evaluation and documentation according to industry standards.
- Work under well-controlled GLP-like conditions; write project plans, sound scientific reports and SOPs.
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners.
- Communicate with company project partners, including presentation of project work.
- Train and supervise technical staff.
Your ideal qualification:
- PhD in Life Sciences or an MD with at least 2-3 years of post-doctoral expertise and strong project management skills.
- Profound knowledge in modern cell culture and molecular biology techniques, as well as hands-on experience in mouse experimentation. Expertise in the area of virology, gene therapy, immunology and/or oncology and with mouse tumor models is an asset. Experience in one or several of the following techniques is a strong plus: histology, qPCR, FACS, non-rodent mammalian animal models.
- You are able to respond to changing priorities, have excellent organizational skills and an aptitude for writing; experience in an industrial environment is a plus.
- You work in a proactive manner with a hands-on approach and attention to detail.
- You are a strong team player with good communication skills and willing to work in an environment where individual initiative and accountability to the team are required.
- The position requires excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written; German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German).
- You will have the unique possibility to help develop a novel cancer therapy and bring it from early development into clinical application. We offer a responsible position with multifaceted and exiting tasks in an engaged scientific team.
- This position is remunerated with a monthly salary of at least € 4.000,- gross (in regard to full-time employment, payable 14 x per year) depending on experience and practical knowledge.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: RSPD2810
Frau Verena Hausen
Frau Verena Hausen
6020 Innsbruck, Austria
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über ViraTherapeutics GmbH
ViraTherapeutics GmbH is a privately held biopharmaceutical company that is developing promising innovative virus-based immunotherapeutics for the treatment of cancer. ViraT was founded in 2013 as a spin-out of the Medical University of Innsbruck, (Austria), by Prof. Dr. Dorothee von Laer, head of the Virology Division at the University. ViraT develops oncolytic cancer vaccines based on a...Mehr über die ViraTherapeutics GmbH