Postdoctoral Scientist in Antibody Discovery
As a postdoctoral scientist in the Biologics Research group at Janssen, you will be a key member of a dynamic and collaborative team, responsible for identifying novel drug targets for the treatment of cancer as well as elucidating the mode of action. Specifically, the research will be focused on generating and characterizing therapeutic antibodies against immune therapy targets associated with hematological malignancies.
We are looking for a highly motivated candidate with proven experience in protein expression, protein purification, biochemistry and/or molecular biology. Additional experience in oncology, immunology and cell biology is beneficial. Essential skills for this position will include: a strong work ethic with the ability to work independently, delivery of reproducible, high-quality results, demonstration of strong experimental design and troubleshooting skills. The candidate must be well organized, adhere to project timelines, and focus on impactful delivery. An excellent scientific track record is critical. Experience in Protein Biochemistry and Molecular Biology are critical, with knowledge in the Antibody Drug discovery / Phage Display technology, Immunology and/or Oncology fields being a plus.
You will initially be assigned to a two-year R&D project to identify novel antibody / large molecule targets. You are expected to design, execute, analyze, and report on experimental progress, and work in a systematic manner to establish a robust, high-quality research program. The work will be done in collaboration with the Janssen Oncology group, as well as with external partners. The position will offer an excellent opportunity to develop skills in Bio-therapeutic research, as a scientist in Antibody Discovery and Development. The candidate is expected to publish his/her research.
Primary responsibilities (include, but are not limited to):
- Generate candidate antibodies to targets of interest using Phage Display, Hybridoma, and/or Bi-specific antibody technologies, along with Next Generation Sequencing methods.
- Identify heavy and light chain antibody sequences to enable recombinant antibody expression construct syntheses
- Optimize therapeutic antibodies through humanization, affinity maturation or by developing bi-specific antibodies.
- Identify, develop, and characterize antibodies using binding assays, with subsequent expression and purification
- Design architectural variations in multi-specific antibodies
- Conduct laboratory bench work and some degree of supervisory activities.
- Interact and be part of research team to identify novel antibody drug targets in Oncology
- Demonstrate clear and professional verbal and written skills through journal publications, patent preparation, and oral presentations, both within and outside the Janssen R&D organization.
- Education, Experience, and Special Skills:
- Ph.D. in Molecular Biology, Cellular Biology, or Biochemistry.
- Experience in protein expression, purification and structural biology preferred.
- Background in Antibody discovery, Bi-specific antibody technology, antibody affinity maturation and experience with current state of the art Phage display and molecular biology methods is beneficial.
- Willingness to travel to Janssen US site for training.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to work in a focused and highly interactive team environment.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage several projects simultaneously.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über Johnson & Johnson
‘Caring for the world, one person at a time’… inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion...Mehr über die Johnson & Johnson