Doctoral Researcher Position (Ref. No. ILRS_05/2016): Biosynthesis of basidiomycete polyenes
gives doctoral researchers the possibility to prepare for their PhD exam in an ambitious program providing excellent research conditions. We invite applications for a
Biosynthesis of basidiomycete polyenes
Various basidiomycetes produce polyene pigments, for which ecological functions have been assumed or shown. This project aims at characterizing polyene polyketide synthase genes and enzymes of selected basidiomycetes. Further, polyenes will be analyzed chemically and tested for their biological activity. The objective is a more profound understanding of fungal polyketide synthases and their products, and how structural features impact bioactivities. Methodologically, this project emphasizes chemical analysis, yet strongly interfaces with biochemistry, mycology, and molecular biology.
- a Master’s degree (or equivalent allowing you to pursue a PhD degree) in Natural or Life Sciences. Research at ILRS is centred around “Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions”. Candidates about to earn their degree are welcome to apply.
- high motivation and interest to join one of the research areas of ILRS
- creativity and interest in shaping your own thesis project
- an integrative and cooperative personality with enthusiasm for actively participating in our lively community
- very good communication skills in English
- experience in biochemistry/chemistry and enthusiasm for fungi is required
- a top-level research environment
- efficient supervision by a team of advisors
- a comprehensive mentoring programme
- courses in state-of-the-art technologies and soft skills
- strong communication and interaction between the involved institutions
- Jena – City of Science: innovative business activities, successful scientific centres and a vibrant cultural scene around the famous Friedrich Schiller University
Prof. Dr. Dirk Hoffmeister, PI, email@example.com
Dr. Christine Vogler, ILRS Coordinator, firstname.lastname@example.org
The application process is handled exclusively online. Please acquaint yourself with the scientific projects offered on our website. Please note that you can choose up to 3 projects of interest in your application. It is only necessary to fill in the application form for your first preference of projects; the other two projects can be selected in the application form. In order to apply via the online application portal, go to
Deadline for application: Oct 23, 2016.
Successful applicants will be invited to attend a recruitment meeting in Jena (envisaged date: Dec 14-15, 2016).
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: ILRS_05/2016
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über International Leibniz Research School for Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions
The Leibniz Institute for Natural Product Research and Infection Biology - Hans Knöll Institute - in cooperation with the Friedrich-Schiller-University and the Max Planck Institute for Chemical Ecology are offering an international graduate program. The International Leibniz Research School (ILRS Jena) gives doctoral researchers the possibility to prepare for their PhD exam in an...Mehr über die International Leibniz Research School for Microbial and Biomolecular Interactions