PhD Student Positions at IMPRS for Molecular Life Sciences, Munich
Situated in an outstanding research environment, the school’s research activities center around three distinct but well connected research branches: Our students and their supervisors strive to uncover molecular mechanisms regulating biological processes, analyze the resulting complex biological systems and decipher the intricate network of neural circuits leading to corresponding behavioral responses.
More than 60 distinguished group leaders actively participate in the PhD program and offer challenging and cutting-edge PhD projects in the following areas:
- Biophysics & Bio-imaging
- Computational & Systems Biology
- Gene Regulation & DNA Biology
- Circuit Neuroscience & Neurodegeneration
- Protein Structure & Protein Folding
- Signaling & Immunology
The cosmopolitan city of Munich is at the forefront of scientific research in Germany and, situated in the heart of Bavaria, uniquely combines tradition with the modern age.
Applicants should hold an MSc with a strong background in biological sciences, neurosciences, biochemistry, biophysics, biotechnology or a related discipline.
Candidates with a first class BSc degree are welcome to apply for the fast track option.
For more information and online application please visit our website: www.imprs-ls.de
Successful candidates will be supported with a generous PhD fellowship covering living expenses and tuition.
Closing date for application is November 18, 2016; selection will be completed by March 2017. Accepted candidates may start research projects as early as April 2017 and no later than October 2017.
We offer YOU:
- Excellent career opportunities in a competitive research environment
- A structured PhD program organized by Munich-based Max Planck Institutes and Universities
- State-of-the-art facilities and cutting-edge research projects
- Individual supervision from research scientists who are leaders in their respective fields
- An English speaking PhD program in an international setting
- Competitive funding provided for international and German students
We are looking for:
- Talented, creative and enthusiastic doctoral students from all over the world with a strong passion for basic science
Please submit your application through our online application poprtal at www.imprs-ls.mpg.de
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: LS 2016/02
Dr. Hans-Joerg Schaeffer
MPI of Biochemistry & IMPRS-LS
Am Klopferspitz 18
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Life Sciences: From Biological Structures to Neural Circuits
The International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Life Sciences: From Biological Structures to Neural Circuits (IMPRS-LS) brings together two renowned Munich based Max Planck Institutes (MPIs), the MPI of Biochemistry and the MPI of Neurobiology as well as two leading partner-universities, the Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität (LMU) and the Technische Universität München...Mehr über die International Max Planck Research School for Molecular Life Sciences: From Biological Structures to Neural Circuits