Scientist / Group Leader In vitro assay (MP0107)
Molecular Partners is a thriving and fast growing clinical stage biotech company located in Zürich-Schlieren, Switzerland. The development of a broad portfolio of therapeutic product candidates in oncology and ophthalmology based on our proprietary DARPin platform allowed a successful listing of the company on the SIX Swiss Exchange (MOLN). Next to our own proprietary pipeline of drug candidates we have entered into collaborations with international pharmaceutical companies, including Roche, Allergan and Janssen.
We are looking for a motivated and highly experienced in vitro assay leader to join our Biology group. In this role you will be a key member of the research team and will lead efforts to assess and evaluate the in vitro properties of DARPin therapeutic candidates.
This challenging and diverse position will include the following tasks and responsibilities:
- Responsible for the leadership of the in vitro assay team within the Biology department
- Ensure scientific quality and expertise are maintained within the team
- Responsible for the development and running of cellular functional assays, particularly to support the progression of our ophthalmology therapeutic programs
- Responsible for the development and running of cellular-based assays to monitor purity of DARPin preparations
- Ensuring high quality assay data across ex vivo bioanalytical assays in a research environment, such as pharmacokinetic assays, anti-drug antibody assays and biomarker assays
- Guide the in vitro assay team to reach the company goals
- Ensure excellent cross-project and cross-department communication
For this challenging position, we are looking for a highly motivated individual with a Ph.D. in biology or a related discipline, or an equivalent qualification, with a minimum 8 years of relevant experience in pharmaceutical industry drug discovery and development. You should further bring along:
- Strong leadership experience
- A high sense of scientific quality in oneself and others
- A scientific mind, interested in understanding problems and getting to a solution
- A strong sense of responsibility, excellent communication skills, the ability to work in a team and high competence in personnel management.
- Experience in setting-up, running and analyzing in vitro cell biology assays
- Experience in cell-based purity assays
- Experience in ex vivo bioanalytic assays would be an advantage
- Due to the international nature of the company, fluency in written and spoken English is necessary.
The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic and highly motivated international team. If you are interested in working at Molecular Partners, we are looking forward to hearing from you by July 30. Please submit your detailed curriculum vitae to:
Molecular Partners AG, D. Snell, PhD, VP, Biology, Wagistrasse 14, CH-8952 Zurich-Schlieren, Switzerland, HR@molecularpartners.com