Start: 01.09.2016 (limited for 3 years)
Position: Postdoctoral fellow
Project: Interleukin-3 producing IRA B cells as mediators of acute and delayed immune responses during inflammation and sepsis
Payment: TV-L E13 100%
The focus of our research group “Cellular immunity in inflammation and cancer” (AG Weber) at the Translational Research Center, Department of Surgery, Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, is to identify new cellular immunological mechanisms that participate in inflammatory and malignant disease. Activation of innate immune cells is a hallmark of the acute immune response. Its primary function is to protect the host, however, its hyper-activation can lead to organ damage and death (e.g. sepsis) or the development of chronic inflammatory (e.g. atherosclerosis) and malignant disease. To identify the involved immune cells in these processes we use different disease models in a translational approach which gives us the opportunity to unravel new pathological pathways and to test for new treatment targets.
In our new project sponsored by the German Research Foundation (DFG) for 3 years we will investigate Interleukin-3 producing IRA B cells as mediators of acute and delayed immune responses during inflammation and sepsis (on the basis of Weber et al., Science 2015). To address these questions we will develop new experimental approaches and use state-of-the-art animal models, various imaging technologies to identify cell biology at multiple resolutions (from the whole animal to a single cell), classical cell biology tools, and molecular profiling. In a translational approach we will test the hypotheses using human samples.
We are looking for a highly motivated, ambitious postdoctoral fellow with excellent expertise in immunology to pursue and lead this research project in a translational setting. The qualified applicant will publish scientific results in high-ranking journals and present the results at international conferences. The successful candidate will also be responsible for the supervision of PhD students, Master students, and will fill a leading position in our lab.
- Applicants should hold a PhD in biology, immunology, biochemistry, biotechnology, or a related field, and have a track record of excellent first-author publications
- Excellent expertise in state-of-the-art animal models, immunological techniques including FACS analysis and sorting, molecular and cellular biology, in vitro experiments and ex vivo analysis, ELISA/ELISPOT, Western, and proliferation assays
- Profound knowledge of immunology, excellent communication skills, and proficiency in English are mandatory
- Arranging for flexible working hours to find a balance between work and family life
- Interesting research field
- International research community
- Providing for the future in the form of a company pension plan
- FAU is an equal opportunities and family-friendly employer and is also responsive to the needs of dual career couples. In order to increase the number of woman in leading positions, we specifically encourage women to apply.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: JV4-2016
Universitätsklinikum Erlangen, AG Weber, Julia Dollinger, Translational Research Center, Schwabachanlage 12, 91054 Erlangen or firstname.lastname@example.org
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über Universitätsklinikum Erlangen
Das Universitätsklinikum Erlangen ist eine juristische Person mit unternehmerischer Zielsetzung, deren Wirtschaftsführung kaufmännischen Regeln unterworfen ist. Es ist eine Anstalt des öffentlichen Rechts des Freistaats Bayern und untersteht der Rechtsaufsicht des Bayerisches Staatsministeriums für Bildung und Kultus, Wissenschaft und Kunst. Organe des Klinikums sind...Mehr über die Universitätsklinikum Erlangen