Fast-track diagnostics (FTD) ( www.fast-trackdiagnostics.com
Full time. Office based in Luxembourg with extensive travel.
FTD sales grew nearly 25% in 2015 and we are strengthening and expanding our presence in a number of markets worldwide. This is one of the new posts to achieve that aim. Reporting to the Head of Marketing and External Relations, the Business Development Manager (BDM) will be responsible for developing new business strategies and partnerships whilst managing current partnerships. The BDM will be based at FTD offices in Luxembourg – with approximately 50% of time spent travelling – and will work closely with the business development, application specialist and marketing teams. Distributor and end-customer support activities – including technical visits, trade shows/exhibitions, and training – will be a key element of the role. Over time, the BDM will be expected to become an expert in specific conditions affecting FTD sales in Europe, such as reimbursement and other official policies.
Experience and Requirement
The successful candidate will be independently-minded but happy to work as part of a team, and have:
- A degree in a business-related discipline, Microbiology or Science.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- An European driving license.
- Very good fluency in English and other European language skills.
- The ability and willingness to travel extensively
- Good interpersonal, team and communication skills; able to communicate with a range of people including company principals, laboratory heads and technicians, clinicians and researchers.
There is no specific experience required, but Medical technology experience, business development and/or customer support experience would be an advantage, as would knowledge of the diagnostic market and methods of infectious disease testing. RH@fast-trackdiagnostics.com