Senior Business Development Director (f/m)
The Senior Business Development Director develops and maintains sales and business relationships with focus on prospective new clients while maintaining relationships with existing clients.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Visit prospective clients to introduce capabilities and therapeutic experience in an effort to create new business relationships towards the achievement of targeted annual revenue goals.
- Communicate with clients and provide information needed, as well as address client issues so that a high degree of client satisfaction is maintained
- Brief new project team on history of sale, key contract provisions, deliverables, budget, timelines, and other helpful information such as personalities and/or politics. Promptly advise team of new developments and changing client needs.
- Supervise and support proposals preparation in collaboration with colleagues from Contracts and Proposals, and colleagues from other relevant departments.
- Ensure timely completion of proposals within agreed boundaries of profitability and based on adequate assumptions.
- Coordinate, prepare, attend, and follow-up of defense meetings.
- Administration and control of client contracts and related documents (Letter of interest, change in scope, contract amendments and work orders) in collaboration with colleagues from Contracts and Proposals and operational colleagues as applicable.
- Bachelor's degree, or equivalent, preferred in a related field of study or at least 12 years related experience in a CRO, pharmaceutical or biotechnology environment.
- At least 8 year’s experience as a BD Director in a CRO environment.
- Understanding of the clinical process (PH I – IV).
- Financial interest and Profit & Loss know-how.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint and the ability to use Outlook, the Internet and Access or similar database software.
- Excellent verbal and writing skills; English + local language, if relevant.
What we have to offer
- An international team
- An attractive and long-term workplace
- Diversified and challenging tasks
- A very good and team-oriented working atmosphere
Have we sparked your interest? Then we are looking forward to receiving your application! Please apply through our online tool and state your earliest start date/notice period and your desired salary. If you have any questions regarding your application please contact email@example.com.