Pieris AG is a subsidiary of Pieris Pharmaceutical Inc., a public US company. Pieris AG is a clinical-stage biotechnology company advancing its proprietary Anticalin® technology to create differentiated drugs that are safer and more effective than conventional approaches. Exclusive to Pieris, Anticalin proteins promise to address high-unmet medical needs and expand the potential of targeted therapeutics.
Do you have what it takes?
Postdoctoral Scientist Immuno-Oncology (Fixed Term) – Ref.154
The position requires a brilliant scientist with a strong background in Immuno-Oncology and a particular interest in human T cell biology. This is a hands-on laboratory-based role. Applicants should have excellent communication and organizational skills to work effectively with internal team members and external partners. As an enthusiastic and self-motivated scientist you will be involved in the discovery and preclinical development of novel therapeutics. You will work in a dynamic drug discovery organization and perform cutting edge science to characterize the mechanism of action of our Anticalin drug candidates aimed at inducing and maintaining anti-tumor immune responses.
- Evaluation of novel Anticalins and drug candidates in human T cell assays
- Characterization of functional activity of drug candidates (proliferation, cytokine release, cytolysis)
- Planning, coordination and execution of key experiments
- Critically reviewing internal data and peer publications with respect to demonstrating a drugs mechanism of action
- Lead troubleshooting efforts when technology transfer/assays encounters difficulties
- Collaborate with highly talented scientists in a team environment to ensure the timely delivery of high quality cell based data
- Analysis of pathways regulating activation, anergy and apoptosis in different T cell subsets
- Presentation of results at conferences and preparation of manuscript for publication.
- PhD in immunology/immuno-oncology, biological sciences or related scientific area
- Scientists with a track record of in vitro evaluation and characterization an IO related target are encouraged to apply
- Practical experience in the fields of cell biology, immunology or cancer immunology, ideally experienced in performing human T cell functional assays
- Brilliant analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills
- Experience in working in an industrial environment would be a plus
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English)
- Growing biotech company with excellent perspectives
- Worldwide acting biotech company
- Working in an exciting scientific environment
Interested? Please send your pertinent application documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
Frau Rita Fischer
Frau Rita Fischer