We invite applications for a
PhD position (m/f)
Within the framework of BMBF e:Med funding network and the as excellent rated SUPRG consortium (Systems biology of the Unfolded Protein Response in Glioma) we are looking for a highly motivated PhD Student at the Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. in Dortmund with interest in cutting edge systems biology and proteomics on the topic of:
A systems biology approach to determine the equilibrium of the unfolded protein response
- Masters, Diploma or equivalent degree in biochemistry/ chemistry.
- Strong background and interest in analytical chemistry and mass spectrometry, as well as practical experience in cell biology – gained for example during your master´s thesis.
- Experience with protein preparation, protein sample handling and analysis as well as bioinformatics data analysis would be preferred.
- A strong interest for mass spectrometry and method development for solving complex biological questions would be required.
- Willingness to learn new methods, a character of high responsibility and the ability to work in an interdisciplinary international team will be required.
- A clear research topic as well as excellent training and support of a PhD student in order to develop his/her personal talents and interests within framework of ISAS and the SUPRG consortium.
- A good working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure for MS-based quantitative proteomics
- Hands on experience in LC-MS techniques.
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
Non-residents who apply for this job will receive help from the institute to find accommodation and to handle authorities. Applications from disabled applicants are welcome. ISAS supports the principle of equal opportunity between men and women, and is therefore interested in applications from women.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. This position is a part-time work (75%) and is offered for three years. The position is available immediately.
Closing date for application is 15th February 2015. Complete applications with an extended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a cover letter, a 2-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests as well as your expertise and methodological competencies, names and contact information of 2 references, if available, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 03/2015 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to email@example.com. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information on the institute please see: http://www.isas.de.
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is located in Dortmund and Berlin. Besides scientific activities in the development of new or improved measuring methods and analytical separation techniques as well as spectroscopy and spectrometric equipment in modern analysis, research is undertaken in the areas of spectroscopic methods and analytical contributions to solving problems in the fields of materials and life sciences.