PhD student position
For the DFG (German Research foundation) funded project “Myeloid cell function in corneal hem- and lymphangiogenesis”, the Department of Ophthalmology at the Uniklinik Köln is seeking applications for a full time
PhD student position
to be employed under a limited-time of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identification of myeloid-cell dependent and independent processes in corneal hem- and lymphangiogenesis
- Characterization of factors involved in the recruitment of myeloid cells during corneal inflammation
- Phenotypical analysis of macrophage subpopulations in diverse phases of corneal inflammation
- Interdisciplinary work in a young and highly motivated team in an excellent scientific environment (http://www.augenklinik.uk-koeln.de/de/allgemeine-augenheilkunde-poliklinik/forschung; http://www.eming.uni-koeln.de)
- Master of Science (MSc) or diploma degree in Biology or a related discipline
- Strong interest in immunology and vascular biology
- High motivation on molecular and experimental work
- Willingness to conduct animal research
- Strong background in methods of molecular and cell biology
- Good english skills
Your salary will be based on the E13 TV-L scale.
The Board of Directors of the University Hospital of Cologne places strong emphasis on gender equality and seeks to increase the proportional representation of women in this field. Thus applications from female scientists are welcome; suitably qualified women will be given preferential consideration unless other candidates clearly demonstrate superior qualifications.
We also welcome applications from disabled candidates, who will also be given preferential consideration over other applicants with comparable qualifications.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: e022-1
We prefer online applications, but you also have the opportunity to apply via regular mail quoting the reference number e022-1 until 12. April 2015 to
Zentrum für Augenheilkunde
Dr. Deniz Hos
Please address mail enquiries to deniz.hos(at)uk-koeln.de.
Further information is available on the internet at http://augenklinik.uk-koeln.de/de.