Extraction Workflow Business Manager EMEA
In our Genomics Division, we use our expertise in DNA extraction, genotyping, sequencing and PCR to enable scientists and companies to feed, cure and protect the world’s population. We supply genomic services from our UK, Germany and US laboratories, to global customers in agricultural biotechnology,molecular diagnostics, research, pharma/biotech, applied and clinical markets.
- Over 100 million DNA tests performed on 1 million human, plant and animal samples per year
- Over 1 billion KASP genotyping PCR reactions completed
- Biobank repository of over 400,000 validated KASP genotyping assays
- Sequenced DNA from 600,000 samples annually
- Enabled scientists to extract DNA from over 10 million samples, with our sbeadex chemistry
- Hundreds of thousands of Oligonucleotides Synthesis per year
- Over 2,300 scientific papers citing KASP
- Implementation and maintenance of instrumentation platforms globally – currently over 100 in place
Our employees set us apart from competition, thanks to the diversity of skills, knowledge and expertise as well as our international pool of talents, demonstrated every day by our teams. We encourage our existing and future employees to set the bar high and challenge them to look continuously for ways to exceed our customers’ expectations. Whether a scientist or not, we expect everyone at LGC to be passionate about our science and its impact on our world. We have exciting opportunities both in the UK and internationally – and we expect the impressive growth rate we have seen over the last few years to continue, which in turns enables us to offer exciting development for everyone at LGC.
We play a key part in making the world safer, every day and everywhere.
This position, Extraction Workflow Business Manager EMEA, has a key role in the maintenance, development and growth of the company’s business. The role is principally a sales role.
The individual’s success will be measured by the achievement of revenue targets and implementation of agreed business plans. To achieve the desired results the Extraction Workflow Business Manager will actively sell to customers, and support Sales Colleagues to achieve their individual targets. The Extraction Workflow Business Manager target is made up of the total of the Territory & KAM Sales Managers targets and may also include additional targets based on specific projects and or launches that are not widely rolled out.
Products & Services included in the portfolio responsibility of this position include Extraction reagents, Consumables, Instruments and Laboratory services. The role will require frequent and detailed interaction with both Berlin and Hoddesdon sites to ensure clear understand, capability and capacity is available to full fill customer (external & Internal) needs.
The role will interact with Customers, EMEA based Sales and Business Managers, operational staff and mangers/directors based in LGC offices. The Jobholder should ensure active cooperation with other parts of the companies businesses (in the context of the LGC group) and that the flow of information at all times is smooth, timely and effective.
- Achievement of Annual Portfolio Target in EMEA
- Development and implementation of Tactical business plan for the portfolio in EMEA
- Ensure that the portfolio is integrated in unified way to the market
- Attend Customer sites as required/requested, with or without Colleagues in pursuit of achieving business goals
- Give regular feedback, in the form of verbal or written reports on the status of the business
- Provide regular forecasts
- Compile documents such as technical specification & quotations when requested to do so.
- Present at sales meetings, internal meetings and external conferences when required to do so
- Input into Regional Marketing the promotional needs of the business, resulting in effective sales tools
- Ensure that sales colleagues have suitable knowledge of the companies offerings
- Ensure that sales colleagues have suitable sales and technical skills to be effective
- Provide regular reports and updates on competitor activity, including pricing and promotional activities
- Investigate potential opportunities in new market segments and make recommendations to the organisation
Required knowledge, experience and technical skills
- Minimum 3 years sales experience within the Research/Life Sciences sector, ideally selling extraction and or genomics services.
- Degree level qualification in Science, ideally Molecular Biology background.
- Understanding of sales best practices including pipeline management and effective account management.
- Ability to grasp and convey technical information.
- Excellent oral and written communications, fluent in English.
- Excellent time management skills.
Desirable knowledge, experience and technical skills
- 3-5+ years sales experience within the Research/Life Sciences sector, with a proven track record of over budget performance.
- Proven track record in developing and maintaining complex and senior relationships.
- Experience selling to various level customers.
Essential competencies and behaviour
- Demonstrates ability to uncover, develop, negotiate and win complex big tickets sales.
- Understands and demonstrates different sales approaches necessary for different audiences.
- Builds rapport quickly at all levels.
- Possesses high levels of responsibility and accountability and can thrive in both team and independent working environments.
- Home based
- Will require travel across EMEA
- There might be occasions when the employee is required to travel outside of EMEA in pursuit of company business
- Time in LGC offices
Due to the highly sensitive nature of the work, applicants should note that security clearance may be required for this role. To gain security clearance you must have three years continuous residency in the UK. Criminal convictions may prevent you from gaining security clearance.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: LGCINT16-329
EMEA Commercial Director
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über LGC Genomics Ltd.
LGC is a global leader in the laboratory services, measurement standards, reference materials, genomics and proficiency testing market places. Our brand is born from our precision in what we provide for our customers and in how we lead the way in advancement in many areas of science. Our reputation has been built on our commitment to using science for a safer world. Today our brand is...Mehr über die LGC Genomics Ltd.