PhD Positions in RNA Biology at the University of Regensburg
The University of Regensburg with its over 22,000 students is an innovative and interdisciplinary university, which provides a broad variety of research projects and disciplines for German and foreign students. The collaborative research center SFB960 investigates different aspects of the exciting field of RNA – protein complex formation and function in various model organisms. The network is embedded into a modern and excellent research infrastructure at the University of Regensburg and the nearby University Hospital providing state-of-the-art technologies for biophysical, biochemical, molecular, cellular and systems biological approaches. We invite highly motivated and dedicated students from all countries who are excited about modern, cutting edge RNA biology research especially in the areas of lincRNAs, miRNAs, RNA localization, RNA methylation, RNA protein structure and translational control, RNA synthesis and maturation. Successful applicants will be invited to a final selection symposium planned for September 2015.
- An excellent Master’s degree in Biology / Biochemistry / Molecular Biology / Molecular Medicine or a similar discipline
- Dedication for basic research in modern life science and particularly in RNA biology
- Team spirit, extraordinary motivation and the ability to work in a highly competitive research field
- A well-equipped research environment and expertise in state-of-the-art methodology (e.g. high-end mass spectrometry, protein-RNA crystallography, confocal microscopy, single molecule analyses);
- Integration into the structured PhD program of the Regensburg International Graduate School of Life Sciences (www.rigel-regensburg.de) and the Graduate Research Academy RNA Biology (www.graduate-academy.sfb960.de) including mentoring by an expert group, soft skill courses etc.
- Employment as research assistant according to the German pay scale TV-L 13 (65 %) for 3 years (with possible extension).
Please submit your application including a motivation letter, a full CV, appropriate certificates and the names and contact information of three referees as a single pdf by no later than August 31, 2015 via email to the Management Office of the Graduate Research Academy RNA Biology (email@example.com).
The University of Regensburg is committed to the compatibility of family and career (for more information, please visit www.uni-regensburg.de/equal-opportunities). Preference will be given to people with disabilities in the case of otherwise equal aptitude.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über Graduate Research Academy RNA Biology
The Graduate Research Academy RNA Biology as part of the SFB960 Ribosome formation: principles of RNP-biogenesis and control of their function offers an attractive education program for PhD students both for an academic and non-academic career. Integrated in a research environment that is built upon the unique structure of the Regensburg International Graduate School of Life Sciences...Mehr über die Graduate Research Academy RNA Biology