Pieris Pharmaceuticals, Inc. is an international Nasdaq-listed (“PIRS”) clinical-stage biotechnology company advancing its proprietary Anticalin® technology to create differentiated drugs that are safer and more effective than conventional approaches. Exclusive to Pieris, Anticalins promise to address high-unmet medical needs and expand the potential of targeted therapeutics.
In order to strengthen our research and development activities, Pieris is looking for a Technician/Engineer, for Protein Expression/Purification/Bioanalytics
(located in Freising-Weihenstephan, Germany) Ref.-162
As an enthusiastic and self-motivated Engineer/Technician you will be involved in the discovery and preclinical development of novel therapeutics. You have excellent communication and coordination skills to work effectively with other teams in the multidisciplinary matrix of a dynamic drug discovery organization. You have at least 3 years experience in protein expression and purification in either mammalian or E. coli
expression systems, ideally in both and you will be responsible for supply of Anticalin and Anticalin fusion proteins from mg up to g scale. Responsibilities:
- Hands-on work with main focus on expression of Anticalin proteins and Anticalin fusion proteins using prokaryotic- and eukaryotic expression systems.
- Purification of Anticalin proteins and Anticalin fusion proteins using chromatographic methods in combination with Äkta systems.
- Bioanalytical methods.
- Identifying, implementing, and continuously improving processes and procedures for accomplishing work.
- Technician/ Ing. Biotechnology or related scientific area.
- Strong experience in recombinant protein expression in prokaryotic/eukaryotic cells.
- Knowledge in protein purification.
- Additional knowledge in bioanalytical methods, e.g. DSC, HPLC would be a great plus.
- Proven team player with strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English), experience with MS office.
If you are interested to work in an exciting environment please send your resume and cover letter to Pieris Pharmaceuticals’ HR department at email@example.com
. See www.pieris.com
for further information or contact HR department (+49-8161-1411-400).
Pieris Pharmaceuticals GmbH