Contact: Cornelia Walch, Staffing Manager
Scientist Bioprocess Development (m/f) USP Development Biopharmaceuticals, Sandoz GmbH, Schaftenau
Area of Responsibility
- Design, supervise and evaluate scientific experiments for continuous optimization and characterization of upstream cell culture processes for the production of biotherapeutics
- Generate, review and approve technical or scientific documents such as study plans and reports, development reports, risk assessments as part of our development projects
- Support scale up and transfer of cell culture processes to our in-house manufacturing facility and to external sites
- Actively communicate and present your results in project teams; contribute to publications, presentations and patents
- Train and supervise colleagues on temporary assignments (apprentices, interns, bachelor or master students)
- Ensure the required level of compliance and data integrity in our development labs according to current GxP- guidelines (qualification of equipment, trainings, raw data management)
- Education / Experience: University degree in life sciences (biotechnology, bioprocess engineering, or equivalent); PhD with min. 2 years or Master with min. 5 years industrial experience
- Languages: English (fluent) / German (beneficial)
- Technical knowledge: Practical experience in bioprocess engineering principals and upstream unit operations are minimum requirements. Experience with cultivation of animal cells in bioreactors and statistical methods (DoE, MVDA) would be highly preferred; outstanding presentation and technical writing skills are expected.
Our salary packages are competitive and take individual qualifications and experience into consideration. Moreover we offer attractive fringe benefits (e.g. profit sharing for all employees, modern company pension, childcare facility, training possibilities and global career opportunities). In accordance with the Austrian collective labour agreement, we advise you that the minimum gross annual salary for this role is 47,908.-- euros.
Sandoz is an equal opportunity employer