Join the market leader! Work in a dynamic international environment and share our success!
Sales Development Specialist Liquid Handling Workstation Next Generation Sequencing (Genomics/Biobanking) Europe (m/f)
Your main tasks:
- Become the NGS / Genomics applications expert within the Liquid Handling field and enable a “white coat” sales approach directly with customers
- Identification of major players (VIP’s, companies, institutions, societies), conferences and market activities as basis for effective networking and establishing appropriate contacts for a-, b-testing or early access programs or poster, tutorial, workshop or Tecan Journal for effective market entry and expansion.
- Providing product/application-/solution specific NGS/liquid handling presentations from small board meeting groups, road show type seminars up to big conference audiences according to action plans and market entry strategies
- Perform sales supporting/development activities (pre- to post sales) like lead finding, individual sales visits and joint sales visits with the sales representative, for discussing ideal positioning of product/solution, explaining Tecan’s offering, matching with identified customer needs to optimize customers’ workflows.
- Preparing, performing, and follow up of “proof activities” at customer sites like workshops and demonstrations of our instruments, coordinating customer product trial phases and related applications
- Encourage the sales generalists to shift focus from product features to the customer’s centric application demands through coaching and continuing education.
- Providing regular updates on progress/issues about individual projects as well as regional project pipeline, contribute to related forecast, business planning, sales process related and tactical discussions.
- Coordination and execution of appropriate technical, applicative and sales training for the sales channel, driving and supporting creation of sales tools, marketing materials, promotional literature and market entry strategies and tactics for best market fit, market competitiveness and added value to customers to enable a growth path towards sales revenues and market representation.
- Participation in campaign development, execution and business reviews.
- Willingness to travel Europe wide (Position requires ability to travel up to 60%, often on short notice)
- Master degree in Biology, Biochemistry or similar
- Hands-on experience with current next generation sequencing instrumentation
- Experience with a range of molecular biology techniques including NGS sample preparation, NA purification, quantification and normalization, PCR and qPCR reaction set up.
- Ideally liquid handling and automation experience gained within an academic or industry setting
- Proven ability to work effectively with customers and internal associates
- Commercial experience as application specialist/sales specialist, sales/business development is a preference
- Fluent English speaking, another language is an advantage
- Other skills required are good organization, record keeping, communication and time management.
- Openness for other cultures and mentalities
Tecan Deutschland GmbH, Werner-von-Siemens-Str. 23, 74564 Crailsheim, Tel: 0049 7951 9417 638, Fax: 0049 7951 9417 538, Mail: Michaela.Frueck-Pfanz@Tecan.com