Reports To: Manager Global Sales, Cytomat
Group/Division: ATG / CMD
Career Band: II or IV
Job Track: Professional
Number of Direct Reports: None
Division Summary: Key Responsibilities:
The Chromatography and Mass Spectrometry Division (CMD) offers customers a complete range of high-end analytical instruments, consumables, software and services that support customers within the pharmaceutical, biotech, industrial, clinical, environmental and food safety market segments. CMD has approximately $1.9B+ in revenue and 5,200 employees across the Americas, Europe and Asia.
The holder of this position is responsible for direct sales and market development of the company's products within the Central European sales territory. Main responsibilities are territory planning, prospecting and lead generation, sales forecasting, driving the complete sales process from identification to contract closing, developing and closing new integration business, growing the business in existing accounts and promoting products that include Thermo Fisher Scientific hardware, software, and services.
- Territory Planning
- Develops go-to-market territory plan that includes opportunity map, target accounts, forecast, sales strategies, tactics and resource requirements
- Prospecting & Lead
- Maintains and updates a list of target accounts and prospects within a centralized system including organizational charts on decision makers, influencers, support staff, etc.
- Actively prospects across the installed base and in new accounts to ensure that target opportunities are developed
- Sales Forecasting
- Qualifies potential opportunities early in the sales cycle and manages the pipeline to ensure that opportunities are pursued in a timely way and bookings/revenue expectations are met.
- Provides realistic sales forecasts to management and communicates any significant changes or developments
- Sales Process
- Execute complete selling process from opportunity creation/identification through contract closing
- Prepares for each sales call and sets specific call objectives.
- Responds effectively to customer requests and resolves critical issues and meets all commitments in a timely manner
- Bachelor's degree (B.S./B.A.) in Chemistry, Biochemistry or Molecular Biology or equivalent (preferred)
- A graduate degree in the bio-sciences or completion of graduate level coursework is desirable
- Proven track record of sales achievement within or related to Laboratory Automation, large capital equipment or related products or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience in selling to the pharmaceutical industry is a must
- Ability to travel 50%. ( A valid Driver's License and passport without restrictions)
- Effective communicator (both written and oral).
- Ability to represent the company to all levels within organizations, from director, VP level to Technicians
- Self-motivated individual with good organizational skills
- High Customer Orientation
- Must be able to maintain strict confidentiality
- Manage complex internal relationships across organizational boundaries
- Work with speed, passion, and a can-do attitude
- Listen actively, communicate completely
- Fluent English is required. German or French considered an asset