Head of Product Development & Manufacturing (f/m)
COBI is looking for a top tier candidate for the Head of Product Development & Manufacturing role. The position will be responsible for leading the development of the COBI hardware components and future product features. This position requires expertise in system integration as well as circuit design. The Head of Product Development & Manufacturing will also work closely with our partners and suppliers to validate selected solutions. In addition, the position will manage and define all necessary tests to confirm that the product fulfills all specifications and legal market requirements . The ideal candidate will have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Lead hardware development, planning and documentation
- Lead schematic, layout and critical component selection
- Work closely with members of the software and firmware engineering teams
- Manage the different development phases done internally or with our partners
- Enhance COBI methodology and processes to ensure consistent improvement
- Collaborate with external partners and internal marketing/product management and engineering teams during the product development phase
- Manage the COBI supply chain operation (CMS/EMS partners & product distribution contract partners)
- Develop and coordinate test plans and processes to ensure high product quality
- Assist manager and support executive initiatives
- 8+ years of experience in HW development.
- Electrical engineering degree; Masters preferred
- Solid project management experience (tools & processes e.g. PMI)
- Experience in hardware product development and the organization of consumer product development, portable devices are preferred
- Solid supply chain management knowledge, an understanding of the key elements of product supply and product distribution processes and systems
- Good design sense and understanding of branding
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experienced people manager (cross functional teams with up to 15 team members; 4 DRs)
COBI is the smartest way to upgrade your bike – making every ride more rewarding and more fun. The connected bike system adds over 100 intelligent features to any bike – with a simple, predictive and beautiful interface on your smartphone.
The candidate will work in a young, creative, multilingual environment that lives the lifestyle and the spirit of the COBI brand. A shared passion for biking and our product is what connects us. COBI is a company with a culture that is supportive, dynamic and encourages professional growth. From our competitive packages to our dedication to providing a quality and fun work environment, COBI can give you the opportunity to achieve personal success and career satisfaction.