The Genomics Facility invites applications for a
The open position is for a talented and motivated bioinformatics scientist to establish bioinformatics pipelines and perform data analyses (e.g. DNA-Seq, Chip-Seq, RNA-Seq) of NGS data generated in the Genomics Facility. The applicant is also encouraged to develop own research driven activities and to implement up-to-date methodology for data analysis. This will be done to support and in collaboration with the life science institutes and clinical departments of Medical Faculty of RWTH Aachen University. The opportunity to receive a PhD is given.
- Understand scientific goals, and identify and implement bioinformatics solutions
- Deliver impactful bioinformatics support
- Work with scientists, clinicians, PhD students and postdocs to translate NGS analysis into research and clinical practice
- Proactively engage in knowledge sharing and peer support to build expertise in the tools and techniques
- Maintain the core facility computational servers
- M.Sc. degree (or Ph.D./Postdoc) in bioinformatics or related fields with at least 3 years of research experience in bioinformatics
- Demonstrated experience in bioinformatics methods for analysis of NGS data and management of large data sets
- Proficiency in programming languages such as shell script, R, Python or similar
- Acquaintance with Linux operation system administration and experience with web based bioinformatics environments (i.e. Galaxy) is a plus
- Skilled in effective communication of complex genomic data to a non-expert
- Interest to work in interdisciplinary teams
The position shall be filled as soon as possible and is initially for 5 years with the possibility for extension.
RWTH Aachen University is certified as a "Family-Friendly University". We particularly welcome and encourage applications from women, disabled persons and ethnic minority groups, recognizing they are underrepresented across RWTH Aachen University. The principles of fair and open competition apply and appointments will be made on merit.
Please send your electronic application before 15.12.2015 to: firstname.lastname@example.org.