Internship / Master Thesis in Computational Biology (m/f)
New Oncology was founded by the renowned cancer scientists Prof. Axel Ullrich and Prof. Roman Thomas as well as experienced biotech entrepreneurs. The company is backed by a consortium of potent investors from the healthcare industry. Since its foundation in 2012, the company has established multiple co-operations with leading pharma companies, such as AstraZeneca, Johnson & Johnson, Merck Serono, Boehringer Ingelheim and Bayer. New Oncology strives to become a leader in cancer genome diagnostics, enabling individualized targeted therapies for cancer patients.
- Support the Computational Biology team in the implementation and improvement of data analysis pipelines and analytical tools that enable comprehensive genetic tumour profiling
- Development of new algorithms to identify actionable genomic alterations in tumor DNA derived from clinical specimens such as FFPE, fresh frozen tissue or blood samples
- Documentation and testing of newly developed algorithms
Your skills & experience:
- MSc in Computational Biology, Bioinformatics, Physics, Computer Science, Mathematics, Engineering or other related scientific disciplines. For Master’s thesis, you are a fully matriculated student of one of the above-mentioned disciplines.
- Excellent analytical and math skills
- Good programming expertise in C++ and/or C is required
- Experience in NGS data analysis is a plus
- Good English skills both verbal and written
- Ability to work in a team
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über NEO New Oncology GmbH
NEO New Oncology GmbH - a third-generation diagnostics company headquartered in Cologne - is part of Siemens Healthineers. The company was founded by reputable cancer scientists Prof. Axel Ullrich and Prof. Roman Thomas. Employing best-in-class NGS based cancer diagnostics NEO New Oncology supports oncologists and pathologists in finding the best possible targeted cancer therapies for their...Mehr über die NEO New Oncology GmbH