Managing the deluge of scientific data generated in our day-to-day business requires excellent software development skills. You will contribute to the success of our geographic information system (GIS) applications to advance plant-breeding activities at KWS. You will have the opportunity to explore new web-based information management technologies and apply them with respect to improving the overall usability of the applications. If you have been studying computer science, and have an interest in scientific data management and GIS systems, we would like you to consider this opportunity.
- Participate in the GIS software development team
- Help optimize existing GIS applications in terms of usability, performance and structure
- Develop new GIS-based applications for upcoming requirements
- Evaluate new and different software architectures for their suitability with respect to GIS data management
- Support documentation and testing of GIS solutions and services
- University degree in a natural science or computer science
- Excellent software development skills (design patterns, frameworks, web technologies)
- Excellent database programming skills (SQL, ODBC, stored procedures, etc.)
- Knowledge of agile software development practices (e.g. SCRUM) desirable
- Knowledge of GIS systems (ESRi) and GIS data management desirable
- Excellent team player and communication skill
- Very good English language skills required, good German language skills desirable
e-mail as a PDF, quoting the job posting number, to email@example.com.
Job posting number: 235 D