Post-doctoral position / Scientist (m/f) in Bioinformatics
- Software integration, protection and care of the bioinformatics infrastructure under de.NBI network in close collaboration with our national partners
- Continuous development of bioinformatic services for omics technologies
- Analysis of complex omics datasets expand, enhance and ensure the sustainability
- Development of user interfaces for simplified analysis of existing data sets
- Infrastructure such as clustering and database administration
- Search engine support and optimization
- Integration of tools for quality control of omics data sets
- Generation and maintenance of a database system
- Standardization of existing workflows
- PhD in Bioinformatics, biostatistics, computational biology or similar, with a strong publication record
- A solid understanding of the relevant concepts in mass spectrometry based proteomics and/or metabolomics
- Broad experience in Software development, protection and care of the bioinformatics infrastructure
- An understanding of the statistical principles behind current best practices in the field
- Strong experience in the use of a low and high-level programming language such as JAVA, C++ and R, MATLAB, Python or Perl
- Strong communication, data presentation and visualization skills
- English is required, German is an advantage
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively as well as handling several concurrent, fastpaced projects
- Enthusiasm to learn more
- Scientific development opportunities in an international cooperative, interdisciplinary research environment and an excellent working atmosphere in a very dynamic and professional team.
- Extensive state-of-the-art equipment and infrastructure in various analytical methods.
- The opportunity to present your data on international conferences and participate in workshops.
The salary will be according to the German TV-L. The full-time position is offered for 2,5 years. The position is available immediately.
Closing date for application is July, 19th 2015. Complete applications with a short cover letter, an ex tended curriculum vitae with full publication list, a 1-page research statement that clearly describes your research profile and interests as well as your expertise and competencies as well as at least 2 reference letters, should be submitted (quoting the reference number 05/2015 in the subject header) as a single pdf document to firstname.lastname@example.org. Informal inquiries are welcome and can be submitted to the human resources department (email@example.com). For further information on the institute please see: http://www.isas.de.
The Leibniz-Institut für Analytische Wissenschaften - ISAS - e.V. is located in Dortmund and Berlin. Besides scientific activities in the development of new or improved measuring methods and analytical separation techniques as well as spectroscopy and spectrometric equipment in modern analysis, research is undertaken in the areas of spectroscopic methods and analytical contributions to solving problems in the fields of materials and life sciences.