12 PhD Fellowships in Physics, Chemisty, Engineering and Medicine
12 PhD Fellowships
to commence in October 2016.
The research training group PULMOSENS is led by principal investigators in engineering, natural and medical sciences, and focuses on innovating sensory methods and their application to the functional examination of the lung epithelium as well as interdisciplinary education of graduate students. Successful candidates are expected to work in one of the following research projects:
Natural Sciences PhD Projects
- Force sensing in an artificial lung
- Miniaturized biosensors for detection of signaling molecules
- Optical & magnetic force sensing during secretion of surfactants
- Development of Sensor Systems for Continuous Exhaled Breath Diagnostics
- Rapid scan PoC ESR spectrometer development
- Electrochemical sensor integrated circuits
- Semiconductor nanostructures for optical analysis of gas & biomaterials
- Silicon nanowire sensors for cellular analytics
- Mechanisms of progressive damage to the lung epithelium
- Mechanically induced signal transduction in the alveolar epithelium
- Secretion in the lung
- Quantification of metabolism and oxidative and nitrosative stress
- Multimodal SICM/SECM platform
The deadline for application is July 27th, 2016. The required application documents contain a letter of motivation, a complete CV including publications, references, and transcript of study records in a single pdf-file and can be in English or German. For further information and submission of application documents please use our online application platform ( www.uni-ulm.de/in/pulmosens.html ).
Short listed candidates will be invited for an oral presentation and interviews to Ulm in August 2016.
All open positions will be contracted by the administration of Ulm University and Ulm University Hospital, respectively. For further information please contact: Prof. Dr.-Ing. Maurits Ortmanns ( email: email@example.com ).
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: PULMOSENS - JV
Prof. Dr.-Ing. Maurits Ortmanns
Telefon: +49 731 5026200
Details der Stellenanzeige
Über Universität Ulm - PULMOSENS
Founded in 1967, the University of Ulm (ULM) enjoys an excellent reputation for innovative research, interdisciplinarity and successful training. Its 4 faculties (Engineering, Computer Science and Psychology; Mathematics and Economics; Medicine; Natural Sciences) support some 10,500 students. The university plays a central role of the Science City of Ulm, not only as the region's biggest...Mehr über die Universität Ulm - PULMOSENS