Job function Research
Location Switzerland, Basle-Town, Basle
Job type Regular Employee
Job level Entry Level
Division Roche Pharmaceuticals
Get in touch
Contact HR Ferreira,D.
As a Roche Postdoctoral Fellow you will contribute to our key efforts towards development and characterization of ocular drug delivery systems. You will be working with scientists within the Ophthalmology research and development group, which is focused on the clinical translation of therapeutic approaches for eye diseases, including age related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy, and glaucoma. In this role, you will:
- Develop and evaluate novel ocular drug delivery technologies within established tissue culture and animal models of ocular diseases to identify strategies with the highest potential for clinical translation
- Investigate clinically-translatable polymer chemistries, hydrogels, and related drug delivery systems with applicability towards ophthalmology
- Participate in scientific diligence to evaluate opportunities for external innovation as well as presenting the laboratory’s scientific progress to internal stakeholders as well as the external academic and drug discovery community through presentations and peer-reviewed publications
Who you are
You’re someone who wants to influence your own development. You’re looking for a company where you have the opportunity to pursue your interests across functions and geographies. Where a job title is not considered the final definition of who you are, but the starting point.
We are looking for a talented scientist (PhD or MD-PhD) with a maximum of 5 years of experience within academia and / or the biotechnology and biopharmaceutical industries, with evidence of training involving development of drug delivery technologies for large and / or small molecules, especially in ophthalmology, oncology, and/or vascular medicine. The successful candidate will possess knowledge and hands-on research expertise in synthesis and characterization of drug delivery systems. Additionally, you bring the following skills and expertise:
- Background in Chemical Engineering, Biomedical Engineering, Chemistry, Biomaterials, Materials Science, Pharmaceutical Sciences, or related area, especially with respect to the Ophthalmology field
- Demonstrated experience with any of the following fields: polymer chemistry, medicinal chemistry, nanotechnology and nanomedicine, protein engineering and formulation (e.g. antibody-drug conjugates, polymer-protein conjugates), small molecule formulations (e.g. micelles, hydrogels) - required
- Familiarity with drug delivery characterization techniques relevant to the position, including HPLC, GPC, DLS, spectroscopy (UV-VIS, FTIR), in vivo imaging, and/or ocular PK / PD determination in animal models - required
- Excellent communication skills as demonstrated by publication record in the drug delivery field
- Experience in evaluating drug delivery systems in cell culture and animal models
- Ability to formulate and implement innovate scientific strategy and lab operations, and to champion ideas and projects The position is for 2 years initially, and will be based at Roche in Basel, Switzerland.
Who we are
Basel is the headquarters of the Roche Group and one of its most important centres of pharmaceutical research. Over 8,500 people from approximately 90 countries work in Basel, which is one of Roche`s largest sites. Read more. Apply online
Roche is an equal opportunity employer and strictly prohibits unlawful discrimination based upon an individual’s race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin/ancestry, mental/physical disability, medical condition, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.