- a highly motivated scientist (m/f) with
- an excellent and recent M.Sc./Diploma or doctoral degree in (bio)physics, (bio)engineering, biochemistry, molecular biology or related disciplines
- a background in protein design and engineering, molecular biology, bioconjugation chemistry, cell and tissue culture
- an interest in bioengineering of remote control systems (such as optogenetics, pharmacogenetics) to functionally dissociate neuronal circuits
- the ability to be self-motivated and work with an interdisciplinary team of bioengineers, biochemists and neuroscientists
- excellent English language and organizational skills
2 PhD Positions in the area of bioengineering of remote control
systems for molecular processes
state-of the art facilities and a creative and intellectually stimulating scientific community
located in Munich, a city with highest quality of life.
You will have the biotechnology opportunity to collaborate on site with excellent international laboratories for instance at MIT or at CALTECH. The positions are initially for three years with
the option of an extension. Remuneration will be paid according to the collective agreement for
civil servants of the federal states (“TVL”).
If you are interested in joining our team, please email your application as a single PDF-file.
Your application should include a cover letter, a one-page description of research interests,
details of previous
research experience and your CV.
Please also do not hesitate to contact us should you have further questions regarding the position.
Prof. Dr. Gil Gregor Westmeyer
Department for Nuclear Medicine
Klinikum rechts der Isar
Technische Universität München