About KWSKWS is one of the world’s leading plant breeding companies. With the tradition of family ownership, KWS has operated
independently for more than 160 years. It focuses on plant breeding and the production and sale of seed for corn, sugar beet,
cereals, potato, rapeseed and sunflowers. KWS uses leading-edge plant breeding methods. 5.147 employees represent KWS
in more than 70 countries.
For more information: www.kws.com/career.
Scientist (m/f/d) Beet Quality AnalysisWe are seeking to recruit at the earliest convenience on a full-time and permanent contract basis a Scientist (m/f/d) for Beet Quality Analysis to support our Chemistry group of KWS SAAT SE & Co. KGaA at Einbeck/Germany. As Scientist (m/f/d) for Beet Quality Analysis you will be responsible for Development, application and control of spectroscopic and optical analysis techniques particularly the Beetrometer® to assess and manage technical quality of Sugarbeets for KWS business units and for external customers (e.g. sugar factories).
- Calibration, validation, data analysis and further development of existing mobile (Beetrometer®) and stationery NIRS applications for on- line monitoring of quality parameters
- Supporting internal team of Business Development to commercialize the Beetrometer® (presenting results on conferences, visiting potential customers)
- Planning, conduction, analysis and result presentation of trials for customer specific Beetrometer® applications
- Contact person for customers, including support and troubleshooting via telephone, email and face-to-face
- Further development of the technology in close collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
- Work in an international team
- University degree in process analytical technology, agronomy, biotechnology, chemistry, physics, process engineering or comparable
- Experience in the application of optical measurement systems, particularly near- infrared spectroscopy
- Experience in the field of chemometrics and multivariate calibration or machine learning, ideally with Matlab
- Knowledge of sugar beet technology is an advantage
- Professional written and verbal English is mandatory, additional language skills (German in particular) are a plus
- Effective communication and intercultural skills
- Willingness to travel globally
Interested?Then please apply here with your CV and a motivation letter.
job posting number:1130
KWS Berlin GmbH
Human Resources, Sandra Kopp
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector and use the following reference number: 1130