Evotec is a leader in the discovery and development of novel small molecule drugs with operational sites in Europe and the US. The Company has built substantial drug discovery expertise and an industrialized platform that can drive new innovative small molecule compounds into the clinic. In addition, Evotec has built a deep internal knowledge base in the treatment of diseases related to neuroscience, pain, and inflammation. Leveraging these skills and expertise the Company intends to deliver superior science-driven discovery alliances with pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
Our site in Goettingen, Germany, has many years of expertise in the development of innovative therapeutics in areas including metabolic, retinal, muscle and kidney disease, and is currently expanding its activities in cell therapy. We are looking for a highly motivated and dedicated
Senior Research Scientist (m/f/d) – Cell Therapy
Full-time, permanent position
who will make substantial contributions to the design, execution and communication of research projects in a cross-functional, team-oriented working environment. You will be responsible for the development of new approaches in iPSC-based cell therapy with a focus on heart failure and other severe cardiovascular diseases.
Your key responsibilities
- Provide scientific leadership in the field of cardiac iPSC-based therapy.
- Provide guidance for the process development and optimization activities for small to medium-scale differentiation of cardiovascular cells and their integration into artificial heart tissues
- Plan, organize, and supervise the work of scientists and technical staff
- Train and support staff in development of new skills
- Maintain a cutting-edge awareness of technical developments and scientific knowledge in the area of iPSCs and cardiovascular disease
- Guide upscaling and focus on GMP compatibility
- Use cutting-edge transcriptomics and other omics methods into process optimization, including single cell sequencing
- Actively contribute to and lead collaborative initiatives, and liaise with external scientists
- Present research findings to our partners
- Lead cross-functional research projects
- A PhD degree or equivalent in biology, biochemistry, pharmacology or another relevant field with a minimum of 5 years of iPSC experience, ideally in a cell-therapy context
- Express high energy and personal dynamism as well as the competency to significantly contribute to important research projects
- High degree of initiative and flexibility, with the ability to deliver results under challenging timelines
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to interact professionally with all levels of staff, collaborators and customers
- Fluency in English is required
- A permanent position within a vigorous and exciting professional environment promoted by an open culture and a spirit of community
- A diverse, international workforce with a dynamic working environment that fosters creativity, innovations and teamwork
- Capital-forming benefits, holiday pay and annual bonus payment depending on performance
Send application to
To apply, please click on the "Apply now" button and provide your application documents (CV and cover letter, including the earliest possible start date and salary requirements). We are looking forward to get to know you and to your application.
Evotec International GmbH · Human Resources · Marie-Curie-Straße 7 · 37079 Göttingen
For further information, please visit our homepage: www.evotec.com