Postdoc position in Cardiovascular Biology (Duesseldorf)Cardiovascular and metabolic diseases frequently coincide and pose a major cause of mortality and morbidity in developed societies. The main research cluster of the medical faculty at Heinrich Heine University addresses these areas in an interdisciplinary and translational approach. Within the Cardiovascular Research Lab at the Division of Cardiology, Pulmonology, and Vascular Medicine of the University Hospital Düsseldorf we are announcing a Postdoc position in the field of myocardial infarction and the interrelationship with comorbidities. The project (B06) is embedded in the in the CRC 1116 “Master Switches in cardiac ischemia” and will address the role of anemia in the acute phase following cardiac ischemia.
In detail, we plan to investigate the specific role of red blood cells, red blood cell dysfunction and the red blood cell-endothelium/cardiomyocyte interaction in experimental models and patients with acute myocardial infarction. The overarching goal of our group and division is to use experimental findings and relate these to clinical relevant questions in a translational approach. The Heinrich Heine University and the CRC1116 in particular aim to support the early career development of highly qualified researchers. The Cardiovascular Research Lab offers excellent research infrastructure and a high level of methodological and personal expertise at the interface of experimental and clinical research.
The candidates should have a background in molecular biology, (bio)chemistry, medicine, or pharmacy.
- A high level of motivation, ambition and scientific interest to advance an independent research project.
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
- Readiness to work in an interdisciplinary and international team.
- Excellent PhD thesis and strong scientific track record.
- A FELASA category B certificate or equivalent as an optional plus
- Structured training and excellent supervision with possibility to develop autonomous planning and conducting of experiments.
- Possibility to develop leadership competencies in supervision of MD students
- An interesting and highly relevant research project.
- A well-equipped lab with basic research and clinical perspectives addressed by an interdisciplinary team.
- A wide method spectrum including experimental cardiovascular models and state of the art techniques.
- Interaction with several local, national, and international collaboration partners including an optional research fellowship in such labs.
- 3-year contract with the option for extension.
- Salary according to TVL.
- Starting date October 2019 or as soon as possible.
To apply, please send a single PDF file containing a CV, relevant certificates, a brief statement of research interests, and the names of at least 2 references to Prof. Christian Jung (Christian.email@example.com
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector