PD Scientist with emphasis in pDNA production (m/f/d)AGC Biologics, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Asahi Glass Company (AGC), is one of the industry leading CDMOs in reliability, technical excellence, and quality — Right and On Time. AGC is a $12B Japanese-owned and publicly traded company based in Tokyo with over 50,000 employees in 30 countries.
With facilities in the USA, Japan, Denmark and Germany, AGC Biologics provides fully integrated biopharmaceutical development and manufacturing solutions to clients globally. The Company has proven expertise in delivering custom solutions for the scale-up and cGMP manufacture of protein-based therapeutics for pre-clinical, clinical, and commercial production.
AGC Biologics is experiencing growth in customer base and revenue, expanding personnel, development and manufacturing capacity as well as distinguishing itself in the market with unique technology offerings for clients.
Job Summary:AGC Biologics GmbH is currently looking for a specialist to join the Upstream Process Development, USP subdivision of the Process Development (PD) team in Heidelberg. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the USP team and the establishment and transfer of plasmid DNA (pDNA) processes.
- Jobholder has emphasis to develop platform technology processes for pDNA production
- Assisting lab work and report this to the PD representative
- Coordinating the technical staff of the USP subdivision
- Supporting establishment of manufacturing processes for new molecules
- Supporting Manufacturing and QC on drafting and revising manufacturing batch records and SOPs
- Assisting communication with the client
- Supporting identification of viable new technologies and potential projects to improve and to expand PD capabilities
- Preparing and presenting data associated with PD for internal and external purposes
- Assisting effective working relationships with QC, QA, Manufacturing, Project Management and Business Development to support new processes and products
- Other duties as assigned
- Ph.D. in Biotechnology, Biochemistry or related engineering or university discipline with +5 years of industrial expertise and main emphasis in Process development; especially strong knowledge in pDNA manufacturing is preferred (well-grounded knowledge in this field should be proven by the candidate)
- Alternatively: Master’s degree in Engineering, Science or with minimum of +8 years of direct relevant experience (same spectrum of knowledge is mandatory) may also be desirable
- Broad insights and experiences in PD based technologies, technical skills on industry level is desirable
- Ideally, familiar with data mining, DoE quality tools, analysis and process control
- Must be self-motivating, organized and proactive in order to coordinate the multi-departmental tasks and deliverables (interaction with Manufacturing, QA, QC, etc.)
- Requirement of minimal supervision
- Attitude for successful handling multiple projects in parallel
- Experience with transition from development to production
- Strong presentation skills
- Strong technical attitude including experience of applying scientific reasoning to solve complex problems
- Flexibility to tackle challenges in new projects/areas
- Fluent in verbal and written English and German
- Ability to communicate technical know-how
- Attention to detail
Join an international and agile organizationAGC Biologics offers a dynamic working place with good opportunities of working with a varied array of tasks and challenges. You will get insight into and experience with the way the various departments throughout a contract manufacturing organization interact in order to achieve success. Exciting and challenging assignments will constantly come your way, and you will to a large extent be able to plan your daily work yourself. AGC Biologics offers an informal working environment, where humor is part of the daily work life. We respect each other and our individual differences. AGC Biologic’s employees have a flexible attitude and we help each other to reach deadlines together as one team.
Send your application using the APPLY button below as soon as possible and not later than November 30th 2019 (please note, only applications received through the APPLY button will be processed). We process the applications as we receive them, and qualified applicants can expect to be interviewed before the deadline. For further information regarding the position, please do not hesitate to contact Dr. Mario Kraft, Head Process Development, email: email@example.com
We look forward to hearing from you.
AGC Biologics GmbH
Czernyring 22, 69115 Heidelberg
Tel 06221 / 9026-0
While applying for the job please refer to jobvector