Post Doc - Computational BiophysicistGermany / (Baden-Württemberg) / Biberach
JOB ID: 1915325
JOB LEVEL: Experienced
FUNCTIONAL AREA: Research & Development
We are seeking a highly motivated postdoc to support our Early Stage Pharmaceutical Development Unit.
Are you an ambitious, open-minded postdoc, who is willing to work independently in this novel and exciting scientific area? Do you have experience in scientific computing and protein simulation using molecular software? Do you enjoy working in an interdisciplinary team environment?
Yes? Great, then we should meet each other!
This position is initially limited for two years.
Note: To make it easy to find our job postings we use the customary title “post doc”. Of course, this posting is not only addressed to applicants directly after completing their doctorate but to all qualified candidates.
Tasks & responsibilities
- In your new role as Post Doc, you identify, evaluate and implement bioinformatics technologies at the interface of research and development for protein therapeutics
- You conduct basic research on protein-protein and protein-solvent interactions for the simulation and optimization of biotherapeutics.
Furthermore, you develop and apply protein bioinformatics approaches to support lead optimization and development work packages of biotherapeutics according to project goals, schedules and costs.
- You ensure the provision of high quality data, presentations and reports, including external publications peer-reviewed by experts.
- Moreover, you ensure excellent communication with stakeholders (e.g. project team and line management) and excellent interaction and collaboration with interfaces (e.g. Research, Drug Substance Development, Analytical Development) or externally with third parties or universities.
- PhD in bioinformatics, biophysics, chemistry or a related field
- Several years of experience in scientific computing and protein simulation using molecular modeling software such as MOE, BIOVIA, Schrodinger, NAMD, Gromacs and Amber
- Profound coding skills (e.g. R, python) and experience with relational databases, experience in the field of machine learning is a plus
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to respond to changing priorities and ability to identify problems and work towards solutions
- Very good communication skills as well as sound technical writing and documentation competencies in English
- Good compatibility of work and private life
- Flex-time and working remotely
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Health center with occupational medicine
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
We look forward to receiving your online application!
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) (7351) 54-175092
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: 1915325