As a modern maximum-care hospital with a capacity of approximately 1,540 beds, the University Hospital of Cologne is dedicated to the practice of innovative academic medical excellence. At the Faculty of Medicine 1.800 scientists are engaged in research, ranging from basic sciences to clinical application, as well as teaching and health care. Together with the University Hospital Cologne the faculty maintains 58 clinics, research institutes and centres. 3.400 students study in this dynamic and innovative environment. The Faculty of Medicine and the University Hospital Cologne are embedded in the scientifically highly active Rhine region. They have strong contacts to and alliances with the surrounding universities and non-university research institutions guaranteeing scientific excellence in research and teaching.
The Paediatrics and youth medicine of the university clinic is seeking applications for a full-time
Postdoctoral fellow position (f/m/x)
in the area of Cancer Research
to be employed under a limited-time for the Project "Targeting telomere maintenance mechanisms SCLC" (CRC 1399) for 3 years accounding WissZeitVG.
Embedded in a highly dynamic and competitive research environment with multiple national and international collaborations, our group is focused on understanding the molecular pathogenesis of cancer. As part of the newly established collaborative research center on “Mechanisms of drug sensitivity and resistance in small cell lung cancer” (CRC 1399) we are offering a postdoc position for a motivated and capable scientist. Applicants should have experience with mouse experiments and an interest in driving forward projects. In addition, we are tightly connected to the Clinical Oncology Departments, allowing us to directly translate significant research findings into clinical practice.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Design and implementation of mouse experiments and maintenance of mouse models
- Interaction with collaboration partners to obtain and/or design novel genetically modified mouse models
- Presentation of data within the CRC 1399 and at international scientific meetings
- We are looking for a talented, ambitious and experienced researcher with a strong interest in mouse genetics and cancer biology
- The position requires a PhD degree in life science; a FELASA-B certificate is desirable
- Experience in mouse handling and animal experiments
- A genuine interest in cancer biology, good communication skills are required/desirable
- The applicant should be capable of driving projects with a high degree of independence
- We offer a position within a cutting-edge research environment as part of a dynamic scientific community at the Comprehensive Cancer Center of the University of Cologne
- Further postgraduate training and/or achieving a habilitation is decidedly supported
Applications from female candidates are expressly welcome and will be given priority in the event of equal suitability, competence and professional performance.
People with disabilities are welcome to apply and will be treated preferentially in the event of equal suitability and qualification.
The position is suitable for staffing with part-time employees.
Please address telephone enquiries to Judith Pinnen (Sekretariat Professor Dr. Matthias Fischer) at +49 221 478-6854.
Further information is available on the internet at https://kinderklinik.uk-koeln.de/erkrankungen-therapien/kinderonkologie-und-haematologie/
Have we awakened your interest? Please submit your application (including a detailed CV, list of publications, two references and a brief statement of research interests) here online.
We prefer online applications, but you also have the opportunity to apply via regular mail quoting the reference number by 30 September 2019 to