ViraTherapeutics is a subsidiary of the Boehringer Ingelheim group of companies: a perfect symbiosis of big pharma and a biotech start-up vibe. Located in the beautiful city of Innsbruck, Austria – a great place to live and to work – our dedicated Research & Development team develops innovative viral-based immune-oncology treatment options.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, highly motivated and creative
Research Scientist Virology (f/m/diverse)
Activities and responsibilities
Your various tasks will include:
- Develop compelling concepts to modify key features of virus biology (ds DNA viruses and other virus classes) and virus replication/targeting to optimize application of viruses in cancer therapy
- Perform molecular engineering of viruses (ds DNA viruses and other virus classes) for application in cancer immunotherapy, characterization of recombinant viruses including propagation and purification as well as cell culture and potentially animal experiments, including project planning, data analysis, evaluation and documentation according to industry standards
- Work in close collaboration with other team members and external partners from academia and industry, including presentation of project work at international conferences
- Train and supervise technical staff
Qualification profileYour ideal qualification:
- PhD in Life Sciences with a strong background and profound knowledge in molecular and classical virology, 1-2 years prior postdoc experience in the field of virology is a must
- Experience in molecular virology with specific focus on virus engineering technologies of ds DNA viruses, deep understanding of virus replication concepts in various viral systems to facilitate translation of virus biology/replication concepts
- Specific interest in virus/host-cell interactions and host immunity interactions
- Knowledge of antiviral or anti-tumoral immune responses including hands on experience with animal models are a strong plus
- Evidence of scientific rigor and excellence as documented by first author peer-reviewed publications
- Strong team player with excellent communication skills and fluency in English, both spoken and written; German language skills would be highly appreciated (otherwise willingness to learn German)
We offerOur offer:
- You will have the unique possibility to drive research towards a novel cancer therapy at the interface of science and translation being part of an engaged scientific team.
- Work within the concentrated, science driven atmosphere of a small biotech company whilst at the same time benefit from being part of the global group of Boehringer Ingelheim, one of the pharmaceutical industry’s top 20 companies worldwide.
- For this position, we offer a competitive salary considering your expertise and personal competencies as well as your professional experience.
Send application toContact:
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector