Clinical Bioinformatics Analyst (f/m/d)PENZBERG, GERMANY
Foundation Medicine is leading a transformation in cancer care, where each patient’s treatment is informed by a deep understanding of the molecular changes that contribute to their disease. As a molecular information company, we are focused on fundamentally changing the way in which patients with cancer are treated. Our products provide more than information. They offer hope to patients, their families and friends, their physicians and caregivers. As a member of the Foundation Medicine team you’ll work with everyone fighting the disease patients and their families, payers, physicians, drug developers to raise awareness about this transformation in cancer care and Foundation Medicine’s role to ensure we’re delivering the tools and information they need to make an impact and drive access for patients everywhere. Foundation Medicine is headquartered in the heart of Cambridge, MA. Since October 2017, FMI Germany GmbH in Penzberg has been actively supporting this mission.
This position is part of the FMI Team Penzberg, which currently consists of approx. 40 employees from various functions. Our mission is the preparation, sequencing and analysis of tissue and blood samples from cancer patients to produce a report that supports the personalized treatment of the patient. The start-up mentality and a high degree of team spirit distinguish us, which is reflected in fast decision making, mutual support and a high degree of trust. Many joint team events do not neglect fun and good food. For two years we have been making a real contribution to the lives of many patients worldwide. In order to continue to do this successfully and to enlarge our international footprint, we are seeking to add a Clinical Bioinformatics Analyst to our rapidly growing team in Penzberg, Germany.
What the job is about
- You assume responsibility for developing annotated genomic profiles of somatic aberrations based on massively-parallel sequencing (NGS) data, in the context of studies of cancer-patient samples.
- You review genomic variant calls using proprietary and publicly available tools (e.g. IGV) in collaboration with the scientific team.
- You provide test results according to SOP with the best possible quality within defined turn-around times.
- Additionally, you collaborate with technical teams in specifying requirements for tools to enhance workflow efficiency and robustness.
- Finally, you provide support to other members of the Laboratory Operations team
- You hold a Bachelors’ degree in Biology, Bioinformatics or a related scientific field. MS preferred
- Working knowledge of cancer genetics and experience with NGS is highly desirable
- You have experience with bioinformatics tools and databases (NCBI, IGV, UCSC Genome Browser)
- Ideally, you also have basic scripting ability in Python, R and/or SQL
- You are able to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment – “go the extra mile” for our patients.
- You are willing to take initiative and follow-through - with strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- You are fluent in German and English language We are looking forward to your application.
How to Apply:Please send your application documents by email to email@example.com
Who should I contact if I have any questions?
Contact: Dr. Thomas Wieland
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector