Pieris Pharmaceuticals (Nasdaq: PIRS) is a publicly-traded, clinical-stage biotechnology company with operations in Germany and the United States. Pieris specializes in the discovery and development of Anticalin® protein-based drugs to target validated disease pathways in a unique and transformative way. Our pipeline includes inhalable Anticalin proteins to treat respiratory diseases, immuno-oncology multi-specifics tailored for the tumor microenvironment, and a half-life-optimized Anticalin protein to treat anemia. Proprietary to Pieris, Anticalin proteins are a novel class of therapeutics validated in the clinic and by partnerships with leading pharmaceutical companies.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for an experienced:
Technical Assistant (m/f/d), Mammalian Production
- Routine mammalian cell culture and expression of recombinant proteins in mammalian cells (HT- up to large-scale production, from microgram- to hundred milligram scale)
- Protein purification on Äkta FPLC systems using different chromatographic methods (affinity, size exclusion, ion-exchange and multi-mode chromatography)
- Characterization of recombinant proteins by spectrometry (concentration determination), HPLC, gel electrophoresis and endotoxin quantification
- Responsible for final sample handling steps, including aliquoting and database registration
- Adhere to standard laboratory procedures and protocols
- Record data in the electronic laboratory notebook (ELN) and evaluate results
- Support technology development activities
- BTA/CTA/MTA or similar qualification in biological sciences or related life science field
- +1 or 2 year of relevant work experience within the biopharmaceutical industry is a plus
- Experience in standard cell culture techniques and expression of recombinant proteins in eukaryotic systems
- Hands-on experience with FPLC-based protein purification
- Experience in protein characterization
- Good English communication skills
We are a fast-growing biotechnology company with approximately 130 employees at our sites in Freising (Greater Munich Area) and Boston (USA). We work in flat hierarchies with short decision-making paths and offer a working environment characterized by cooperation and innovation. Each of our employees participates in a bonus program based on the achievement of individual and company-wide goals. In addition, we offer each employee the opportunity to participate in a stock savings plan and a stock option program that allows employees to benefit directly from the company's success.
Numerous social benefits such as additional employer-financed company health insurance, free drinks, fruit baskets etc. as well as a bright, friendly and ultra-modern working environment with excellent technical equipment in our new company building in Hallbergmoos (from January 2020) round off our overall package. Creative employee events take place several times a year, as team spirit is essential for us. The joint creation of an innovative and participative corporate culture is an important concern for us.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector