Enzymaster Deutschland GmbHSales Office: Neusser Str. 39, 40219 Düsseldorf, Germany
Biochemist, Biotechnologist, Bioinformatician - Computational Protein Engineering (m/f/d)
Title: Computational Protein Engineering
Job Category: Scientist Biotechnology
Location: Düsseldorf Region
- Development of new methods for computational protein engineering for activity and stability prediction of enzymes under complex process conditions.
- Identification and implementation of suitable software for development of multi-level molecular modeling tools for in-silico high throughput enzyme evolution.
- Communication with computational and experimental groups at Enzymaster (Ningbo) for experimental high throughput data analysis and method validation to derive predictive sequence-activity relationships.
- Further job tasks include discovery of novel enzymatic transformations and de novo enzyme design for industrial biocatalysis.
- Visiting relevant conferences in the field of bioengineering and biocatalysis.
- Report to the Director of Bioinformatics and Data Science, Dr. Marco Bocola, on a weekly basis.
- PhD in Biochemistry, Biotechnology, Bioinformatics, or related fields with experience in Computational Chemistry/Biophysics.
- Preferred three years’ experience in computational protein engineering, structure-based protein design and bioinformatics in a biotechnological environment, preferable biocatalysis oriented.
- Documented experience in leading protein design software development or application (e.g. Rosetta design, FRESCO/CASCO, CADEE) and other (QM/MM)-MD or machine learning based methods.
- Proficiency in scripting and programming in bioinformatic HPC environment.
- Scientific background knowledge in biocatalysis and high throughput enzyme engineering is desirable.
- Excellent oral and written English and German language skills.
- Good communication skills with software developers and experimentalists.
- Open for frequent travelling to China for visiting the bioinformatics and enzyme engineering team at the parent company Enzymaster (Ningbo) Bio-Engineering Co., Ltd.
The potential candidate will be hired under the wholly owned subsidiary Enzymaster Deutschland GmbH, therefore the position is based in Düsseldorf, Germany. The person will report into the Director for Bioinformatics and Data Science based in Germany. A residence in the wider Düsseldorf area would be preferential.
ContactDr. Marco Bocola
EnzyMaster (Ningbo) Bio-Engineering Co., Ltd. has been established in 2013 in Ningbo, China. We are an innovator in enzymes and biocatalysis processes for low-cost and green applications in pharmaceutical, food and other industries. Our proven proprietary computational BioNavigtor® and BioEngine® protein evolution platform is led by multinational specialists with more than ten years of experience in the field. The company has grown now to more than 100 employees. For more details please visit our web page at www.enzymaster.de
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, dedication, and teamwork from each employee. Joining Enzymaster is an opportunity for you to collaborate with talented colleagues in a dynamic SME environment as well as to develop your career. Welcome to Enzymaster!
A competitive remuneration package will be provided according to each candidate’s qualifications.
If you are interested in this position, please send your cover letter, CV and publication list to email@example.com, latest by September 15, 2020. The planned start date for the new employee is October 1, 2020.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector