Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Head of Laboratory – Cell Culture Process DevelopmentGermany
Functional area:Research & Development
Use your strong background in biotechnology, biochemical engineering or biochemistry, and lead our Late Stage Cell Culture lab within Development Biologicals in all areas of technology, project work and management. The Late Stage Upstream Development team develops and characterizes commercial processes for biopharmaceutical molecules with focus on cell culture process development. In this position, you will be able to transform process development into commercial processes and products.
Being a family owned company, we pursue ambitious long-term goals. We value and trust the individual and work together with a winning team spirit. We are currently building a new Biologicals Development Center which will provide an exciting and unique workspace for you and us to grow. If you are seeking opportunities to expand your professional horizon, we would be delighted to get to know you.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As Head of Laboratory, you lead and develop a highly motivated team including a Post Doc to drive project work and innovation.
- You are responsible for (late stage) bioprocess development of biopharmaceutical production processes for internal projects and for process transfer from Late Stage Upstream Bioprocess Development to Global Operations.
- Additionally, you are responsible for late stage work packages comprising risk assessments, scale-down models and process characterization studies as well as associated reporting up to BLA (biologics license application) to support bringing our products to the market.
- You supervise a Cell Culture lab with respect to personnel, work packages, time and budget.
- By evaluating, developing and implementing new techniques, you are responsible for maintaining and improving the group's technological level. By being state-of-the-art in relevant technological areas, e.g. you contribute to increase productivity or accelerate development timelines.
- In cross-functional project teams, you represent the cell culture discipline. Moreover, you actively interact with relevant interfaces (e.g. Global Operations) and support regulatory interactions internally and externally.
- Ph.D. in biotechnology, biochemical engineering, biochemistry or biology or equivalent qualification with several years of professional experience
- Broad expertise in bioprocess development, preferably in cell culture
- Several years of experience in advanced technologies in bioprocess development desired, for example in modeling, advanced data analysis or process intensification
- Experience in leading people
- Project management skills, ideally in international project teams
- Strong communication skills, good team player
- Strong English skills
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
- Counselling services for all stages in life
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Verena Freudenreich, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54 17 50 92
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: 198199