Taros Chemicals GmbH, a rapidly growing contract research organization, with over 15 successful years in the field of innovative, chemical-technology oriented services, is located in Dortmund’s prestigious "Technologie Zentrum”, in the Ruhr region of Germany. Taros’ customers are spread internationally. As we continue to expand our markets in medicinal chemistry services, we are looking for a senior medicinal chemist to spearhead our Medicinal Chemistry Division.
Director Medicinal Chemistry
In this position you will strategically direct the advancement of preclinical research projects. You will coordinate and work closely with other scientists in multidisciplinary teams, in both pre-competitive and commercial set-ups. You will integrate diverse chemical and biological information to deliver the target product profile.
You will be working in a fast-paced environment, motivated by novel challenges and inspired by the deployment of innovative and creative solutions. Extensive experience with management and supervision of a research department, collaboration and extensive networking with local and remote researchers will be required.
Qualified candidates should have demonstrated experience of research design, collaboration planning and management, and progressing drug discovery projects and candidates to clinical development.
- Research/collaboration planning and experimental design
- Compound/library design, prioritization and data analysis
- Collaboratively set chemistry/projects objectives to advance research programs
- Management of chemistry resources across multiple projects
- Presentation of research progress at meetings and communication with external collaborators
Required Skills & Experience
- PhD in Organic Chemistry, Medicinal Chemistry or related discipline
- 10+ years in drug discovery experience in industry, with proven track record from hit finding to clinical candidate selection
- Excellent experimental skills and passion for chemistry
- Demonstrated excellence in applying medicinal chemistry to address PK/ADME and toxicology issues
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong negotiation skills
- Demonstrated independent thought/creativity in science and success in leading, coordinating and executing research to further project goals
- Demonstrated ability to successfully direct multiple scientific endeavors simultaneously
- Proven networking and collaboration skills and ability to work in high level teams.