Science Technician – Chemistry and Materials Science – Synthesis and AdministrationWe offer a position as laboratory assistant at the NeptunLab. The NeptunLab is the highly interdisciplinary research group of Prof. Bastian E. Rapp at the Department of Microsystems Technology (IMTEK) at the University of Freiburg. Research interests include the development of novel materials, technologies and processes for structuring materials and industrial applications. The work of the NeptunLab is published in the most important international journals including Lab-on-a-Chip, Advanced Materials, Angewandte Chemie and Nature and has been featured in national and international radio and print media including the BBC, the New York Times and the Discovery Channel.
In this project, a novel display that produces small elevated bumps that can be recognized by touch will be created – a technique well-known by the dot-based script system “Braille”. This position will play a key role in an ERC Consolidator Grant, which will develop a next-generation, first-of-its-kind tactile display for visually impaired people. You will support this project and other ongoing projects one the one hand with practical work in the laboratory, mainly in the field of organic synthesis, macromolecular chemistry and material analysis. On the other hand you will execute administrative tasks like ordering (SAP system) as well as supervising lab courses and organizing storage facilities.
As a motivated, actively contributing force you will have the opportunity for scientific publishing as well as contributing and visiting national and international conferences. Being a project of high social and scientific relevance, this position offers significant potential for developing an academic career.
Activities and Responsibilities
- Laboratory work in the field of organic synthesis and macromolecular chemistry
- Analytic work in the field of material characterization
- Fabrication of composite materials
- Supervision of experiments and apparatus
- Administrative jobs like ordering (SAP-system) and warehousing
- Supervision of lab courses
- Degree as a chemical or technical assistant
- Profound knowledge of organic and macromolecular chemical synthesis
- You should be an actively contributing force to our team, with interest in sceicntific problems and solutions
- You should be a team player with ambitions who can also conduct projects independently
- You should be able to structure and document your work properly
- Proven English skills in reading and writing are beneficial
- An interdisciplinary work environment with a team of motivated scientists that strive to develop clever solutions for scientific as well as industrial problems
- Well-funded projects with access to excellent state-of-the art infrastructure, generous lab space and scientific equipment
- An aspiring young team with great emphasis on publications and publicity
- A lab structure that promotes the development of the individual members and fosters open-minded scientific discussions
- Payment of up to TV-L 9b (according to German Civil Service, state of Baden Württemberg, see calculator here: https://oeffentlicher-dienst.info/c/t/rechner/tv-l/allg?id=tv-l-2020)
University of Freiburg, Department of Microsystems Engineering
79110 Freiburg im Breisgau
Please consult the “before you apply” section of our homepage http://www.neptunlab.org/index.php/open-positions#BeforeYouApply
Make sure you attach all relevant documents (pdf format preferred)
- Letter of motivation: Why do you apply for this position?
- Curriculum Vitae
- Qualifications and degrees (recent grades)
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector