Chemical Analytics Expert Location: Stuttgart
For Sony R&D Centre
We look for the risk-takers, the collaborators, the inspired and the inspirational. We want the people who are brave enough to work at the cutting edge and create solutions that will enrich and improve the lives of people across the globe. So, if you want to make the world say wow, let's talk.
The conversation starts here. If this role matches your ambitions and skillset, let's get started with your application. Take a look at our other open positions too. Our many opportunities can lead to infinite possibilities.
About usWe are seeking a Chemical Analytics Expert to join Sony’s R&D Technology Centre in Stuttgart, where you will enjoy a hands-on position in Quality Control and Failure Analysis, with a focus on polymers and semiconductors.
You should be someone with a degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or a proven background in a Testing Lab. An active interest in electronics/gaming or the automotive industry will greatly aid your development and future growth opportunities at Sony, as these industries are currently in transition phases that offer great possibilities for both Sony and our Lab services.
Your position will give you the opportunity to work with some of our most talented people in Sony’s scientific community, and in an advanced laboratory environment. You should be someone who will bring enthusiasm, bold ideas, and a sound commercial mindset to work each day. You will have the opportunity to work on some very exciting projects at Sony, but it is important that you can also deliver on routine tasks in line with strict and necessary compliance procedures.
You will join a small team in a wider function here. As such we hope you will enjoy the highly collaborative culture. You will need to be adaptable to manage demanding workloads during peaks, and make effective use of your time during quieter periods. Your manager will offer exceptional coaching and support, and holds extensive experience at Sony for you to draw upon. You will be given respect, autonomy and accountability, while also being encouraged to bring new ideas and use your initiative.
If this sounds like your next step, apply now! And start your journey with Sony.
- Conduct material analysis of environmental regulated substances
- Analyse polymers using thermo-analytical and spectroscopic methods
- Prepare specimens for surface characterization using microscopic methods
- Measure power consumption for consumer electronic products
- Undertake failure analysis with a special focus of semiconductors
- Thorough documentation of test results
You will have:
- Bachelor / Master degree in Chemistry or Chemical Engineering, or training qualifications as a chemical technical worker, Chemical-technical assistant, laboratory technician or equivalent
- Knowledge of, or an active interest in the automotive industry
- An interest in Sony products (Electronics and PlayStation)
- Team competence, flexibility, reliability and an independency
- Proven English language skills
What you can expect from us:
At Sony, we value our people, so on top of a competitive salary, bonus and excellent benefits including discounts on Sony products, you will be supported with your own career development, have access to an extensive range of Learning & Development courses, and some incredible internal mobility opportunities.
Based at the Stuttgart Lab, you will enjoy working in a modern and dynamic environment in one of Sony’s specialist business areas.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector