PRECISE – Platform for Single Cell Genomics and Epigenomics
Experienced postdoc in Computer Science
The PRECISE – Platform for Single Cell Genomics and Epigenomics is part of the German Center for Neurodegenerative Diseases (DZNE) and the LIMES (Life and Medical Sciences) Institute at the University of Bonn. PRECISE uses high throughput technologies such as liquid handling robots and next generation sequencing (NGS), to answer basic and translational scientific questions in the area of neurodegenerative diseases and immunology together with local, national and international collaboration partners. PRECISE, in collaboration with industrial partners, offers access to novel, cutting-edge computer architectures focusing on the memory centric approaches. The successful candidate will be part of a team working on life science algorithms and computational approaches for Memory-Driven Computing to analyze next generation sequencing data and integrate NGS based datasets in a systems biology context. Key parts of the work include working with sparse data sets and developing novel algorithms that take advantage of PRECISE’s highly parallel Memory-Driven Computing systems.
Our requirements are
- PhD or equivalent in computer science or related fields.
- Experience in computational biology, bioinformatics or biomathematics is a plus.
- Knowledge and expertise in working with sparse data.
- Solid experience in object-oriented software development, ideally with C++ and python.
- Experience in parallel computing and in-memory approaches is of advantage.
- Enthusiasm to work in a thriving academic research environment.
- An interest to work in an international environment.
- A collaborative attitude and the ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
What we have to offer
- Participation in a challenging research project
- State of the art technologies to tackle important scientific and medical questions
- A thriving interdisciplinary research environment at the DZNE
- Fully established bioinformatics department
- Memory-Driven Computing hardware resources
- Close collaboration with industry partners and early access to novel developments
Salary is paid according to German TV-öD (E 13, 100%); the position is initially limited to two years.
The DZNE and the University of Bonn are equal opportunities employers.
Applications (in English) should include a CV, a brief statement of research experiences and interests, a list of publications (if applicable) and the addresses of two referees, the Reference number LIMES112019 and should be submitted as a single pdf file to Professor Dr. Joachim L. Schultze (email@example.com) by 01st of December, 2019. We are looking to fill this position as soon as possible.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: LIMES112019