Scientist – Late Stage USP DevelopmentGermany
Job ID: 1914442
Job Level: Experienced
Functional area: Research & Development
Use your strong background in biotechnology, biochemical engineering or biochemistry, and support our Late Stage Cell Culture lab within Development Biologicals in all areas of technology, project work and management. The Late Stage Upstream Development team develops and characterizes commercial processes for biopharmaceutical molecules with focus on cell culture process development. In this position, you will be able to transform process development into commercial processes and products.
Being a family owned company, we pursue ambitious long-term goals. We value and trust the individual and work together with a winning team spirit. We are currently building a new Biologicals Development Center which will provide an exciting and unique workspace for you and us to grow. If you are seeking opportunities to expand your professional horizon, we would be delighted to get to know you.
Tasks & responsibilities
- As member of the project team, you are the responsible cell culture representative for different development projects.
- You will support the project coordination of development projects with a Cell Culture Development team (e.g. planning of experimental lab work - contents and timelines).
- You ensure delivery of high quality data and results including required documentation for regulatory filings (INDs/BLAs) and internal reporting (e.g. project teams, line management).
- As an expert in your field, you will support and represent internal and external meetings, supervise students and coordinate various collaborations.
- Furthermore, you are a leader of technology / innovation projects in the area of cell culture process development. This also includes preparation of proposals for new technology projects, supervision and steering as well as reporting to line management, presentation at conferences and, in particular, contribution to publications and patent applications.
- PhD in Biopharmaceuticals/Technical/Biology with several years of experience in biopharmaceutical industry OR a Master of Science (or equivalent education) in a relevant field with long-term experience in the international biopharmaceutical industry
- Equivalent scientific education and appropriate industry experience, ideally in biopharmaceutical process development
- Scientific excellence, regulatory knowledge and technical method expertise in upstream bioprocess development, ideally in mammalian cell culture and in process intensification
- Project management skills to work as cell culture development Project Team Member
- Project coordination skills to support development and technical projects
- Creativity, innovative mindset and leadership in evaluating and implementing new technologies or process improvements
- Good development opportunities with in-house education and various training options
- Healthy and well-balanced food in the canteens and for take away
- Personal Mentoring in onboarding
- Competitive salary plus bonus payments
Who we areAt Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals.
As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key, because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
ContactFor further information please contact Recruiting Services:
Mrs. Verena Geiger, Tel: +49 (0) 7351 54-175092
Not exactly the position you are looking for? You can still forward it to friends or colleagues who might be interested. Please use the “share” button at the bottom of the page.
Bitte beziehen Sie sich bei Ihrer Bewerbung auf jobvector und geben Sie die folgende Referenznummer an: 1914442